GDT: GDT by ExLax:Preds@Jackets 2/20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2007
Would like to see more of Harpur. He played a steady game, actually fairly impressive. He deserves another shot.
He was a decent contributor before he got here.
D should be, permanently -
Josi - Harpur
Ellis - Tinordi
Fabbro - Boro
Trade Eckholm for a halfways good F.
Play the classic one offensive D, one stay at home. Wow, who woulda thunk it. A revolutionary idea.
Play McCarron every night on 4th line, Olivier every night on 3rd.
We’re supposed to have two very good lines, and good prospects to round out 3 and 4.
Wow, a big tough team with lots of talent.
This is what you’re actually supposed to build, and put on the ice.
If a random joker like me can see this, how the hell can Hynes and Poile not see it ?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
But I do see how a GM and coach would always endeavor to pile up as much pay as possible before retirement, and how a lazy, disinterested ownership group would avoid tough decisions and spending money. So here we are.
I guess, as somebody mentioned, they’re still printing $ thanks to various corporate uses of the Preds, so the fans can go suck eggs.
It takes an actual hockey fan in ownership to identify with fans, and care about games, wins, and playoffs.

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
But I do see how a GM and coach would always endeavor to pile up as much pay as possible before retirement, and how a lazy, disinterested ownership group would avoid tough decisions and spending money. So here we are.
I guess, as somebody mentioned, they’re still printing $ thanks to various corporate uses of the Preds, so the fans can go suck eggs.
It takes an actual hockey fan in ownership to identify with fans, and care about games, wins, and playoffs.
I dunno...the BUF new owner was a big fan. And the ownership group would normally care about playoffs because of the gate and concessions revenue. Since that isnt a thing for now, my guess is there isn’t a ton of support for making big moves that cost more.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
He was a decent contributor before he got here.
D should be, permanently -
Josi - Harpur
Ellis - Tinordi
Fabbro - Boro
Trade Eckholm for a halfways good F.
Play the classic one offensive D, one stay at home. Wow, who woulda thunk it. A revolutionary idea.
Play McCarron every night on 4th line, Olivier every night on 3rd.
We’re supposed to have two very good lines, and good prospects to round out 3 and 4.
Wow, a big tough team with lots of talent.
This is what you’re actually supposed to build, and put on the ice.
If a random joker like me can see this, how the hell can Hynes and Poile not see it ?
Tinordi and Harpur have been good in small doses but I don't know about putting them in top pairing roles...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I have absolutely hated everything about this back-to-back. I get to see my #2 team shut out and then my #1 team humiliated.

I could live with this when it was one or the other that was trending bad or good. I don't know how I'm going to handle both of them being bad.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh I was going to escalate from ExLax to Mag Citrate to Fleet to 500cc Soap Suds High, Hot and a Hell of a Lot...
I still know the bolded primarily by the imaginative name a long-ago friend of mine gave it: "Lemon Battery Acid".

BFC: Kristy, in case you were wondering who.

Reactions: PredsV82

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tinordi and Harpur have been good in small doses but I don't know about putting them in top pairing roles...

Tinordi has slow feet. That is not good for a Dman. That is why when he skates away from the net to throw a check, he doesn't get back before a major scoring chance by the opponents.

Jul 12, 2007
I think the key is in telling them that they play the half-court defense / tough guy role. Old school pairings. They aren’t out there to do the same things as their mega skill, pretty skating partner.
We’ve gotten so used to having
4-5 Dmen who are all Bobby Orr, pairings that always have 2 Dmen out there playing more O than the forwards.

Jul 12, 2007
Tinordi has slow feet. That is not good for a Dman. That is why when he skates away from the net to throw a check, he doesn't get back before a major scoring chance by the opponents.
There are plenty of fairly slow but good Dmen in the NHL. Especially if they play D, not O, and bring some toughness.
I’m not sure I get this negative fascination for Tinordi, like it’s him that wrecked our season all by himself.
He’s the least of our problems, and with the season we’re having, we certainly have room for reclamation / comeback projects.

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
There are plenty of fairly slow but good Dmen in the NHL. Especially if they play D, not O, and bring some toughness.
I’m not sure I get this negative fascination for Tinordi, like it’s him that wrecked our season all by himself.
He’s the least of our problems, and with the season we’re having, we certainly have room for reclamation / comeback projects.
I’m not against him in the least. I love his size and reach but the fact is that athletes are getting faster. His foot speed is a legitimate concern. He has to keep it simple. I don’t really see him as a long term solution to the 3rd pair but we also put up with matt irwin on the 3rd pair right in the middle of when we were actually contending for a Stanley cup. Irwin on the 3rd pair felt like an eternity.

Reactions: adsfan
Jul 12, 2007
This is what makes Ekholm valuable, we just need him in a more defensive role. 6'4" guys that can move are valuable.
I actually like Eckholm a lot, always have. I like how he basically willed himself into the mix with the other big-pedigree guys.
But I was leaning toward more size and toughness overall, each pairing / line.
Eckholm has some size, and is a little bit snippy in a euro sort of way.
I could see keeping him instead of Ellis, if he can stop his dismal year and get back to normal.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I actually like Eckholm a lot, always have. I like how he basically willed himself into the mix with the other big-pedigree guys.
But I was leaning toward more size and toughness overall, each pairing / line.
Eckholm has some size, and is a little bit snippy in a euro sort of way.
I could see keeping him instead of Ellis, if he can stop his dismal year and get back to normal.
I'd for sure take Ekholm over Ellis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->