GDT: Belarus-Germany, Noon Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
DynamoAO said:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So we arent getting sent down right?

ehm? hahaha. sure we're relegated. this game was worthless. it was about showing that german hockey isn't as bad as most think. that's all. next year we will have to fight for promotion, but i'm pretty confident.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Boucicaut said:
Congrats. Not surprised, actually. The germans had something to prove here, whereas Belorus did not. It was about pride, I think.

well, belarus defeated the US but now they're dead last and that's not really a place where you want to finish a tournament. the win against the US was worthless.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
zecke26 said:
well, belarus defeated the US but now they're dead last and that's not really a place where you want to finish a tournament. the win against the US was worthless.
Worthless in what regards ??

That was the biggest moment in WJC history for Belarus.

Young kids in Belarus every where are lacing on the blades and reliving that moment on Ice rinks the world around

While young US hockey players in the states may just be putting their skates away till next year when it doesn't hurt any more ..

So I think it has lasting effects that go well beyond relegation ..

CH Wizard

NO Kostitsyn=NO WIN FOR BELARUS.

Fogert it , No kost no win.As simple as that.

Where's Kostitsyn anyways ? He already has been send to Hamilton ?

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
the win against the US was surely a great moment for every young kid on this team, but the relegation still hurts them a lot. next year they have to play against weaker teams again and it won't bring them further. the same with germany. they defeated belarus which is a good thing for there confidence, but still german junior hockey took a big step back.
i don't know which players of both teams will return next year, but i expect both to be back in two years. germany's team should be stronger next year for sure.

Jazz

zecke26 said:
the win against the US was surely a great moment for every young kid on this team, but the relegation still hurts them a lot. next year they have to play against weaker teams again and it won't bring them further. the same with germany. they defeated belarus which is a good thing for there confidence, but still german junior hockey took a big step back.
i don't know which players of both teams will return next year, but i expect both to be back in two years. germany's team should be stronger next year for sure.
This is why I keep maintaining that this format should be for 12 teams, not 10. I know that in the first few years there would be some blow-outs, but to allow team like Germany to buildup and get promoted out of Div I and then loose their 19 year old players and have to play in the elite level with a new unproven crop only to get dropped again is not a way to do this.

With 12 teams, some teams like Germany, Belarus, Ukraine etc are not automatically going to drop the year after getting promoted.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Gurj said:
This is why I keep maintaining that this format should be for 12 teams, not 10. I know that in the first few years there would be some blow-outs, but to allow team like Germany to buildup and get promoted out of Div I and then loose their 19 year old players and have to play in the elite level with a new unproven crop only to get dropped again is not a way to do this.

With 12 teams, some teams like Germany, Belarus, Ukraine etc are not automatically going to drop the year after getting promoted.

i totally agree on this. i don't see any reason why the senior WC has more teams than the WJC. it should be the same.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Great One said:
NO Kostitsyn=NO WIN FOR BELARUS.

Fogert it , No kost no win.As simple as that.

Where's Kostitsyn anyways ? He already has been send to Hamilton ?

Bulldogs play tomorrow night, no need for him to play 3 games in 3 days when one game means nothing and the Dogs sorely need some offensive help. I can only assume he didn't play though.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
zecke26 said:
Depends on how you look at it and from which perspective ... Belarus is not in the same league as the top teams at this stage ..

Getting hammered game in and game out must not be fun .. Relegation next season makes them the big bullies of the POOL II so to speak and win their side and moving up again the following year or at least playing against teams more their equal is more fun I would imagine ..

I agree they lose something in the development aspect of not playing against the best, but I bet deep down relegation doesn't really bother them that much ...

I am sure the same is true for Germany as well ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->