Post-Game Talk: GDT: #7 - 10/17/18 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - NBCSN

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Did Calgary bring back their 80’s style uniforms?

I’d normally be in bed, but I have minor surgery (kidney stone) tomorrow in the afternoon and I cannot eat after midnight. Going to starve if I don’t eat up to that minute.
Alternate jerseys only. Wish they were permanent.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Im not falling for that crap. I want to see the team play hard and win. I'm not going to root for losses 7 games into the season. I like the way they are playing and chances are they are going to be drafting early anyway. Finishing last in the league in points guarantees nothing anyway.
1. I'm not trying to trick you; there's nothing to fall for.
2. I also want to see them play hard and win.
3. There's no guarantee of picking first? No shit, I had no idea. :rolleyes:

I didn't want a rebuild. I wanted a retool. I have repeatedly said it's gross to root against your team. Straightforward shit here. To say after an overtime loss that your lottery-bound team would have been better off losing in regulation? Also seems pretty straightforward, and pretty logical. But yeah, don't fall for my stuff. I'm a tricky one!

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Some of you guys are so unrealistic. Likely more critical of the Rangers than you are of yourselves. Demanding Rangers perfection all the time.

Anyhow, the rebuilding Rangers took the Stanley Cup champions to overtime and could have easily won in regulation or overtime.

I enjoyed this game. There is tweaking necessary of the players and the coaches no doubt. But I enjoy watching this team a billion times more than I have with AV behind the bench. That's for sure.

Carry on.

Well said. The same people who swear we are going to be a bottom 5 team are so pissed off because we lost in OT to defending champs. :huh:

Reactions: NCRanger

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
3. There's no guarantee of picking first? No ****, I had no idea. :rolleyes:

I didn't want a rebuild. I wanted a retool. I have repeatedly said it's gross to root against your team. Straightforward **** here. To say after an overtime loss that your lottery-bound team would have been better off losing in regulation? Also seems pretty straightforward, and pretty logical. But yeah, don't fall for my stuff I'm a tricky one!
Stop, you’re making too much sense

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Thanks.

This happened because my urologist missed something a few years ago. Led to a massive infection. Had a stent in for the past two weeks. Just want this gone.

Good thing is, once this is taken care of, I should feel better than I have for the past few years.

You’ll be fine brother. Get well soon!

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This is what happens when you put Vesey on in OT.. The hockey gods struck us down.. he tried to get off the ice but it was too late.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
3. There's no guarantee of picking first? No ****, I had no idea. :rolleyes:

I didn't want a rebuild. I wanted a retool. I have repeatedly said it's gross to root against your team. Straightforward **** here. To say after an overtime loss that your lottery-bound team would have been better off losing in regulation? Also seems pretty straightforward, and pretty logical. But yeah, don't fall for my stuff I'm a tricky one!

I didn't mean it literally. Don't worry, I'm pretty smart. I just will never root for my team to lose, EVER.

Reactions: fredrikstad

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
We are wasting development time playing Vesey and Fast on the top 6 and on the pp. I love Fast and he complements well Kreider and Zibanejad but he is not a top 6 player, he is an amazing 3rd liner on a good team, Vesey is what he is, 20 dirty goal scorer.
Buchnevich played like dog shit this game, but he has the potential to be at least a 60 pt player, he has the same points as Vesey playing a lot less. He was bad today and you want to put him on the 4th line, fine, but plz play him on the PP. Even AV knew he was good and played him there.
Send Chytil down, if you're gonna change his position , linemates, every 2 periods it's better to him to play 1st line minutes in Hartford. He has been good, but inconsistent, you have to give him some cushion for mistakes, Quinn is not doing this.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm floored. Seems like everyone was on board with a tank so you'd think people would be ok with not great play. We take the defending champs to OT, don't get outshot by a ton, and all we get is bitching about how bad this team is. Some of you only wanted a rebuild because it sounded good. We're 7 games into one and you guys can't even stomach a competitive game against a great team that we lost in OT.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I didn't mean it literally. Don't worry, I'm pretty smart. I just will never root for my team to lose, EVER.
Cool! Then you're on board with 99% of people here. I know, because I've been posting/moderating/administrating (?) here for an embarrassingly long time.

Watching a game, actively hoping that your team loses regardless of circumstance = rooting against your team

Stating, after an OTL, that it would have been better had we lost in regulation = making a valid observation regarding the team's long term prospects

So, not really sure what your whole point is about rooting against the team. I see very, very little of that.

Also, glad to know you're pretty smart. I will notify the Pretty Smart Guy group that they have a new recruit waiting. It will be so much fun! :)

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I'm floored. Seems like everyone is on board with a tank so you'd think people would be ok with not great play. We take the defending champs to OT, don't get outshot by a ton, and all we get is *****ing about how bad this team is. Some of you only wanted a rebuild because it sounded good. We're 7 games into one and you guys can't even stomach a competitive game against a great team that we lost in OT.

When has context, credibility, or some form topic to topic logical cohesion ever really mattered here?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
We are wasting development time playing Vesey and Fast on the top 6 and on the pp. I love Fast and he complements well Kreider and Zibanejad but he is not a top 6 player, he is an amazing 3rd liner on a good team, Vesey is what he is, 20 dirty goal scorer.
Buchnevich played like dog **** this game, but he has the potential to be at least a 60 pt player, he has the same points as Vesey playing a lot less. He was bad today and you want to put him on the 4th line, fine, but plz play him on the PP. Even AV knew he was good and played him there.
Send Chytil down, if you're gonna change his position , linemates, every 2 periods it's better to him to play 1st line minutes in Hartford. He has been good, but inconsistent, you have to give him some cushion for mistakes, Quinn is not doing this.
Buch needs to play with skilled peers. I know it goes against rewarding ice time. But that's just what he's going to be. You hope the talent takes over, the cream rises to the top at some point.

Reactions: Fvital92

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm floored. Seems like everyone is on board with a tank so you'd think people would be ok with not great play. We take the defending champs to OT, don't get outshot by a ton, and all we get is *****ing about how bad this team is. Some of you only wanted a rebuild because it sounded good. We're 7 games into one and you guys can't even stomach a competitive game against a great team that we lost in OT.
Yeah I said the other day, there's that popular belief that New Yorkers wouldn't be patient enough for a rebuild. I always took offense to that and considered it horseshit. Now I think it might actually be true. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad