Post-Game Talk: GDT: #7 - 10/17/18 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - NBCSN

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Why do you know this word? It's my new favorite word, to be fair, but how did you already know it.

Like, if this post was a mad lib, and it looked like this:

He’s a stupid **** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete [noun]. The guy can take his long, stupid ****ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.

I'd run out of words I know before I went to "troglodyte". Impeccable.

I believe I learned it from Neil deGrasse Tyson. Haha...

Reactions: Inferno

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Why do you know this word? It's my new favorite word, to be fair, but how did you already know it.

He’s a stupid **** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete [noun]. The guy can take his long, stupid ****ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.

how do you not know it when half of are team are troglodytes?

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008

Before there was Brendan Smith, there was wordsmith. And his name was nevesis.

Reactions: nevesis

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Did you miss that last play before the goal against? Had a golden opportunity and tried to be too fancy by over passing to Kreider. Had a shot and didn’t take it. This is after the coaching staff told him they want him to shoot more.

He’s a stupid **** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete troglodyte. The guy can take his long, stupid ****ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.

Oh god.....please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Zucc? And still you expect a 1st for him? :confused:

Nash is basically unofficially retired and we got a hell of a lot more than just a 1st for him. Household names carry value especially with retention.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Did you miss that last play before the goal against? Had a golden opportunity and tried to be too fancy by over passing to Kreider. Had a shot and didn’t take it. This is after the coaching staff told him they want him to shoot more.

He’s a stupid **** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete troglodyte. The guy can take his long, stupid ****ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.

Harsh but good word usage.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Hey I'm with you, man. We all want to win. But unless you have visions of this team going on some miracle Cup run, it's better long term for us to finish closer to the bottom and get the best draft pick we can. That's not to say you root against the team, but maybe recognize after the fact that a regulation loss ends up doing more to help us than an OTL.

Im not falling for that crap. I want to see the team play hard and win. I'm not going to root for losses 7 games into the season. I like the way they are playing and chances are they are going to be drafting early anyway. Finishing last in the league in points guarantees nothing anyway.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I look at it this way---it was a very good result. Back to back nights for us against a well rested team coming off of a Stanley Cup and in their barn. It was a good test and the Rangers hung in there---did not get blown out--generated a lot of good chances and took them to OT. So I'm not sure why a lot of people seem to be so pissed.

Pionk was shaky at the beginning but had a monster game after the first 10 minutes. Yes he does have the same size, strength issues that ADA has but he is a better defender and the fact that he gets regular penalty kill time is just one clue to go by but he closes gaps--reads defensive situations a lot quicker than ADA but like ADA he's prone to being overpowered. You're going to get that from smaller D's which is why you need larger and more physical D even if they can't move the puck quite as nicely. FWIW though I think the Rangers need to get ADA back in the lineup. His preseason--his two games he was solid and did play pretty good D.

I saw a team that's getting by being scrappy up and down the ice. They are working hard though IMO right now Buch and Spooner and to a degree Chytil are passengers. Hayes and Vesey not so much passengers but not on top of their games and prone to brain dead plays.

Good game by Lettieri too.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Did Calgary bring back their 80’s style uniforms?

I’d normally be in bed, but I have minor surgery (kidney stone) tomorrow in the afternoon and I cannot eat after midnight. Going to starve if I don’t eat up to that minute.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
That was an ok game to watch. Pretty impressed with how we've been able to hang in there pretty much every game so far; we're missing some top-end talent but there definitely seems to be a better work ethic then we've seen for a while.

Hank was our best player again. I'd love to know what happened on the 2nd Caps goal, he wasn't set at all. Did he just lose sight of the puck?

Skjei had a rough game but the Caps forwards will cause many problems for most D-men.

For a guy who had just sat out out a game and had the coach announce that he needs to play harder, I though Buch was well below par. I was hoping he'd respond in a similar fashion to how Names has.

And speaking of, I wouldn't mind seeing a period or two with Names swapped with Fast on the top line, if he can retrieve O-zone pucks and forecheck like Fast but add a bit more skill, it could give that line a bit more potency

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
This team isn't good enough and doesn't get enough scoring chances for Hayes to try to pull schoolyard bullshit as often as he does. It's infuriating.

Fire Spooner into the sun.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Im not falling for that crap. I want to see the team play hard and win. I'm not going to root for losses 7 games into the season. I like the way they are playing and chances are they are going to be drafting early anyway. Finishing last in the league in points guarantees nothing anyway.

Don’t think anyone should be rooting for losses much before Christmas.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He's trying to be Pavel Datsyuk and Evgeni Malkin at the same time. If it's Vesey with stone hands not scoring then fine but this is Hayes trying to look like Pat Kane when he needs to just ****ing make a pass or shoot the puck.
My problem is he doesn't shoot .

Reactions: pld459666 and Tob

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Did Calgary bring back their 80’s style uniforms?

I’d normally be in bed, but I have minor surgery (kidney stone) tomorrow in the afternoon and I cannot eat after midnight. Going to starve if I don’t eat up to that minute.

Feel better man! Drink more water more often!

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Some of you guys are so unrealistic. Likely more critical of the Rangers than you are of yourselves. Demanding Rangers perfection all the time.

Anyhow, the rebuilding Rangers took the Stanley Cup champions to overtime and could have easily won in regulation or overtime.

I enjoyed this game. There is tweaking necessary of the players and the coaches no doubt. But I enjoy watching this team a billion times more than I have with AV behind the bench. That's for sure.

Carry on.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Some of these comments are atrocious...Kevin Hayes as the 'Daryl Strawberry' of the Rangers? Just wow.

Thoughts:
Buchnevich - I really don't know if this is going anywhere. Much prefer Fast with KZ, for now.
Chytil - Looks a bit confused, maybe lost, none of his fancy moves are getting through any NHL D right now.
Claesson - Really simple and solid. I'm comfortable with him as a #6.
Spooner - An older version of Vesey. And I hate Vesey.
Vesey - A younger version of Spooner. and I'm growing to dislike Spooner. I'd like him out of the lineup, and even better, off the team at some point this season.
Zuccarello - More hustle recently, but the legs are gone. I think it ended quickly for him. It's over.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
My problem is he doesn't shoot .

and he has a good shot too. Whenever he's been forced to rush down the wing 1 on 1, he's scored a few beauties shortside like in vancouver last year last in the season. He had a good shot last game. If he has no shot then fine, pass away but he's trying to create a work of art instead of just f***ing putting the puck on net. He's playing himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad