Post-Game Talk: GDT: #7 - 10/17/18 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - NBCSN

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Tough loss. Caps are good.

Good to see Lettieri playing well though. Been hoping he'd get more minutes.

Pionk impressed me with some good rushes up ice to gain the red line, and he does get his shot off quickly. And he puts up points. But he's not an effective defender by any means. Caps forwards brushed him off like a bug all night. He's what people describe ADA as. And that's not a comment on ADA, who is also largely what people describe him as.

Rangers do need some size and ability to move opposition players off, combined with mobility, on the defense corps.
Hard to find, yeah I know. Needed, yeah I know that too.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Time to switch Fast with Buch. Kreider and Zib are finally going. Maybe they can get him going.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Why is everyone mad at Hayes?

I thought he created a ton.

He's trying to be Pavel Datsyuk and Evgeni Malkin at the same time. If it's Vesey with stone hands not scoring then fine but this is Hayes trying to look like Pat Kane when he needs to just f***ing make a pass or shoot the puck.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
He’s finished. Has no place in the NHL.
Let's not go crazy. We're used to him winning 1 on 2 and 1 in 3 battles in the corners and stuff, right now he's playing like a low end second liner. His floor is Spooners ceiling.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's trying to be Pavel Datsyuk and Evgeni Malkin at the same time. If it's Vesey with stone hands not scoring then fine but this is Hayes trying to look like Pat Kane when he needs to just ****ing make a pass or shoot the puck.

He made a great play in overtime. Kreider just missed it.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Why is everyone mad at Hayes?

I thought he created a ton.

Did you miss that last play before the goal against? Had a golden opportunity and tried to be too fancy by over passing to Kreider. Had a shot and didn’t take it. This is after the coaching staff told him they want him to shoot more.

He’s a stupid f*** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete troglodyte. The guy can take his long, stupid f***ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
3-3 hockey with a long change and we're getting on individuals for blowing coverages or giving up chances? The goal was preventable by a little more calm, collected play. If they realize they have numbers, if one player (pionk or zucc) peels off to cover the second chance. But 3-3 is chaos, invented so that games would end. I'm more frustrated with Hayes for his offensive zone misplays...

Reactions: nyr2k2

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Did you miss that last play before the goal against? Had a golden opportunity and tried to be too fancy by over passing to Kreider. Had a shot and didn’t take it. This is after the coaching staff told him they want him to shoot more.

He’s a stupid **** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete troglodyte. The guy can take his long, stupid ****ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.
Kreider had an empty net if he receives the pass. That play was fine.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Hayes this year has passed up I think 5 (real number) GOLDEN opportunities in front or in the slot so he could make passes that either missed completely or or the guy receiving it flubbed the pass, and as a result we got 0 scoring chances out of those situations.

It's inexcusable.

Reactions: Mugless and nevesis

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Because I want to see the team that I root for get points. Novel concept, I know.
Hey I'm with you, man. We all want to win. But unless you have visions of this team going on some miracle Cup run, it's better long term for us to finish closer to the bottom and get the best draft pick we can. That's not to say you root against the team, but maybe recognize after the fact that a regulation loss ends up doing more to help us than an OTL.

Reactions: Riche16 and jas

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
3-3 hockey with a long change and we're getting on individuals for blowing coverages or giving up chances? The goal was preventable by a little more calm, collected play. If they realize they have numbers, if one player (pionk or zucc) peels off to cover the second chance. But 3-3 is chaos, invented so that games would end. I'm more frustrated with Hayes for his offensive zone misplays...
It was a bad switch. Unlike the first trio of Hayes, Kreider, and Skjei, who were perfect with their switches in coverage.

Reactions: nyr2k2

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
He made a great play in overtime. Kreider just missed it.

He kinda flubbed his own pass when he got in so tight to Kreider. Like, if he does what he always does and pulls up, holds the puck behind him on the forehand like he's winding for a shot, then feeds Kreider, it's probably in. Instead, he couldn't decide what he was doing, skates to the middle, gets Holtby already moving towards Krieder, and then sends a pass that's just a few inches to tight to Kreider who needs it further ahead to get it by Holtby who's almost got the angle covered.

Reactions: klingsor and jas

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Kreider had an empty net if he receives the pass. That play was fine.

sample size. He f***s up 2 out of 3 plays by over complicating it and the ones that work don't always make it tape to tape and in the net. If he keeps up this charade, he's going to end up with 15g 10a.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hayes overdoes it but he creates great chances. Buchnevich and Zucc are overdoing it and generating nothing. Same for Chytil tonight tbh.

then i'll f*** the rest of them individually but that doesn't make what Hayes is trying to do any less frustrating.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Hayes this year has passed up I think 5 (real number) GOLDEN opportunities in front or in the slot so he could make passes that either missed completely or or the guy receiving it flubbed the pass, and as a result we got 0 scoring chances out of those situations.

It's inexcusable.
Tired of Hayes being beast one game and an insult to the game the next one.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He’s a stupid **** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete troglodyte. The guy can take his long, stupid ****ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.
Why do you know this word? It's my new favorite word, to be fair, but how did you already know it.

Like, if this post was a mad lib, and it looked like this:

He’s a stupid **** from Boston who sounds and acts like a complete [noun]. The guy can take his long, stupid ****ing face and go hang out with Mark Wahlberg or Ben Affleck and GTFO.

I'd run out of words I know before I went to "troglodyte". Impeccable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad