Post-Game Talk: GDT: #7 - 10/17/18 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - NBCSN

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Tough loss. Caps are good.

Good to see Lettieri playing well though. Been hoping he'd get more minutes.

Pionk impressed me with some good rushes up ice to gain the red line, and he does get his shot off quickly. And he puts up points. But he's not an effective defender by any means. Caps forwards brushed him off like a bug all night. He's what people describe ADA as. And that's not a comment on ADA, who is also largely what people describe him as.

Reactions: TheTakedown

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
KZF was fantastic. Staal was great, Smith, Claesson, and Shattenkirk were solid, and Pionk had a nice game. Skjei absolutely sucked. The rest of the forward group was terrible, couldn't create any offense. I don't really know what to say about Buchnevich, but his play has been so subpar that it makes me wonder if he's long for this league. It seems like the game is too fast for him, and he's gotta be one of the weakest players on his skates in the league. It sucks, I was so excited for him to come over and he seems to be getting worse. He needs to pick it the f*** up and quick, but I am not sure he's capable of it.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Vesey shouldn't be playing 3 on 3.
Hayes shouldn't be playing 3 on 3 unless he's having a good game.
Buchnevich had a bad game.
Pionk had a great game.

Spooner should probably be seeing 3 on 3 time given the kind of player he is, and I hate Spooner with a passion.
Send down Chytil

Reactions: TheTakedown

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
What you see is what you get with Buch... he just isn't a very good player. Maybe slightly more skilled than Vesey but just as dumb hockey-wise

Even getting a point here is almost a miracle in itself... the team just isn't very good. Like someone said, half of it is deadweight. They're probably still riding an early season new coach high right now and Hank is keeping them in it. Once Hank hits a slump and the adrenaline fades away it isn't going to be pretty

Reactions: jas and nevesis

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Am I the only one who didn't think Hank had a great night? Should have had Carlson's and one of Ovi's goals. Felt he was outplayed by Holtby. Not complaining because Hank has been really good, but I see a lot of people posting Hank saving the team again. I didn't see it.
Tonight was not one of his best this season. He wasn’t bad though.

Reactions: egelband and The S5

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
That was way too f***ing long of a shift. Quinn needs to get on guys to get off the ice faster in OT. We've almost got burned last game as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad