GDT: GDT #60 New York Islanders vs Boston Bruins | March 2nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-1 W

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
But does Lou really do that? He looks to trade and retain vs just renting.

I would agree it’s either a big move or a move to begin the transition of the 3/4th lines - someone with term on it.

You're right in that he tends to retain. Hence, no to a 32+ type. They should not pay for and then look retain that type of player.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Things are looking good under Roy.

Lots to like tonight. The altered lines are definitely giving this outfit a new feel.

Wish a few of the guys had taken shots rather than look for that extra pass, but simply a huge win against a good team on a bit of a downswing.

Not missing Mayfield at all...

Reactions: Potvottier

Crashsunday

Dec 18, 2006
San Diego
Noticed in the standings today that Boston is the only team that is matching the Isles in OTL points. Thought that was interesting.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Noticed in the standings today that Boston is the only team that is matching the Isles in OTL points. Thought that was interesting.
The bruins have let a few leads in the 3rd slip away

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
A great game to watch. I find it amazing that the same players who couldn’t string 2 consecutive passes together and would get stuck in their own zone far too often can now execute on zone breakouts. Roy has to get a lot of credit for implementing a new system.
it says a lot that they needed Barzal and Horvat to be this way, rather than having the Lame-bert system

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
The bruins have let a few leads in the 3rd slip away
Impossible
We are the only team capable of that
The DEI on this forum requires that belief system
Next there will be safe space threads
:nod:

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
A great game to watch. I find it amazing that the same players who couldn’t string 2 consecutive passes together and would get stuck in their own zone far too often can now execute on zone breakouts. Roy has to get a lot of credit for implementing a new system.
It's frustrating to watch when the whole team are holding their sticks too tight. We needed something to wake the guys up and remind them that they're running out of time. That something was Roy.

Not claiming that he is the next coach of the year, but saying that he is pushing all the right buttons. Sports is 95% mental and we need some mental conditioning.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
My weird speculation is that Roy is feeding Barzal game video of Sergei Federov. It's starting to happen 3-4 times a game that he stays out on the ice with the puck, circling, reversing, etc. because maybe it's become his job to keep puck possession when his line changes out. He used to do every now and then, but it's happening so regularly now I think it has to be deliberate. Federov was the absolute master at this, and I'm sure Roy was ... very well aware of it.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I lost complete faith that this team could make the playoffs. They keep stringing together wins, and I’ll change my tune.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad