GDT: #44 Blue Jackets@Ducks

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
We get 3 of the next 4 points, we're going to the playoffs. I fully expect the boys to bring it at home vs. Nashville.

Paisano*

Wow, Toots has 3 game winning goals in his CBJ career, all against the Ducks! What's up with that?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We get 3 of the next 4 points, we're going to the playoffs. I fully expect the boys to bring it at home vs. Nashville.

?? I've been optimistic about the playoffs since the beginning of the turnaround, but nothing's assured yet, even if we win the next two. Tomorrow night should be the hardest game of the all. Second game in two nights, fifth in seven nights, and against the defending champs.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
?? I've been optimistic about the playoffs since the beginning of the turnaround, but nothing's assured yet, even if we win the next two. Tomorrow night should be the hardest game of the all. Second game in two nights, fifth in seven nights, and against the defending champs.

The next two will be very tough. LA for the reasons you mentioned. San Jose wants some payback for being embarrassed twice in Columbus. And if we don't get points in the next two, that Dallas game becomes huge.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Wow, Toots has 3 game winning goals in his CBJ career, all against the Ducks! What's up with that?

If I recall we are now 11-10-2 in Anaheim... (or close to that).. best record for us on the West Coast...

The reason is, every CBJ player gets a free ticket to Disneyland if they win... ;)

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If I recall we are now 11-10-2 in Anaheim... (or close to that).. best record for us on the West Coast...

The reason is, every CBJ player gets a free ticket to Disneyland if they win... ;)

But Cam Atkinson doesn't get to ride all of the rides. ;)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

What's the frequency of playing games in a playoff series mm...? Seems to me few discuss games over days then.... Forget that stuff, teams play whenever they have to play.... just win.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What's the frequency of playing games in a playoff series mm...? Seems to me few discuss games over days then.... Forget that stuff, teams play whenever they have to play.... just win.

Of course "just win". That never changes. It's just harder. Study after study shows what happens to people when they're overworked or they don't get enough sleep, and athletes are no different. The game in Minnesota is a good example, we flew in in the wee hours of the morning, and played like crap. In the playoffs both teams deal with the same frequency, so that's different. (None of this is an argument against "Just Win".)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Of course "just win". That never changes. It's just harder. Study after study shows what happens to people when they're overworked or they don't get enough sleep, and athletes are no different. The game in Minnesota is a good example, we flew in in the wee hours of the morning, and played like crap. In the playoffs both teams deal with the same frequency, so that's different. (None of this is an argument against "Just Win".)

All teams in the NHL have the same frequency of playing games regardless of the season schedule... Doe's it impact all players and all teams? yes, but the games are played on a level playing field... Deal with it.

On another note, the CBJ are currently 3rd in the Central division, that is something folks should be interested in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad