GDT: 28th DEC, Canada-Germany, 7:00 pm Local time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
How tall is Gawlik? The Junior program could improve with the imports reduced to 8, even that may be too much. Tell me why Gawlik is not here again?

dunno how tall he is. he was for sure the smallest player out there, i guess around 5-9. and he's thin, very thin.
have no clue why he's not at the tournament, but berlin already sent 5 players so maybe they needed him. and playing with the DEL team is probably more useful than getting bashed by canada. ;)

and yes, reducing the imports would be useful, but it won't happen.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
zecke26 said:
dunno how tall he is. he was for sure the smallest player out there, i guess around 5-9. and he's thin, very thin.
have no clue why he's not at the tournament, but berlin already sent 5 players so maybe they needed him. and playing with the DEL team is probably more useful than getting bashed by canada. ;)

and yes, reducing the imports would be useful, but it won't happen.
By being here though Gawlik would get to show his wares in front of every important man in pro hockey. I know it would be a struggle with the team around him but i would have liked to have gotten a look. Oh well, maybe they will win their two relegation games and stay up. :)

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
There has been some trouble between the Polarbears, the Preussen, Schweinfurt and and another club about sending 7 Polarbears players to the WJC - maybe that's the reason they held Gawlik back in germany. :dunno:

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Stewart with his second goal of the night, third point. Getzlaf gives it to him, Stewart one times it to the back of the net from the low slot area. He's got his game going now :yo:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Another goal by Stewart, he's catching fire. Quality pass by Getzlaf and nice finish by Stewart.

7-0

I have a feeling that might be the last goal, Canada has turned it down a few notches and the big line is hardly touching the ice.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
By being here though Gawlik would get to show his wares in front of every important man in pro hockey. I know it would be a struggle with the team around him but i would have liked to have gotten a look. Oh well, maybe they will win their two relegation games and stay up. :)

it's possible that gawlik will opt-out in order to have more experience and a good DEL season for 06.

there's no way they can win their relegation games. switzerland is not as bad as expected and even belarus is able to score goals what germany is not. a goal against canada or sweden is always possible but they're not even get it. they have no scorers.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Julia said:
I pray to God that Richards is going to be OK... :shakehead :bow:

I agree, that would hurt alot, not only is he the captain but a very valuable player on the ice. With Colliton, and now maybe Richards down, our PK units could suffer quite a bit.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Haha, Crosby just went in hard on a forecheck and nailed a German defender, 100% clean but got a charging penalty The poor guy gets hacked and whacked every game and gets penalized for a clean hit. Ah well. the rowd was booing pretty hard.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
Haha, Crosby just went in hard on a forecheck and nailed a German defender, 100% clean but got a charging penalty The poor guy gets hacked and whacked every game and gets penalized for a clean hit. Ah well. the rowd was booing pretty hard.

Nah... he deserved a penalty. Both feet left the ice.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
markov` said:
Actually the game would be closer if Canada pulled their goalie for the entire game.

nah, because CAN would play PP the whole game and germany wouldn't even be able to shoot the puck.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Crosby with a pretty sweet goal with a tap-in after a wicked pass from Dawes. 8-0.

Anyone hear that Vince Carter humour... Pretty funny :joker:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
markov` said:
Nah... he deserved a penalty. Both feet left the ice.

The only replay I saw was the one where the boards blocked his feet so I didn't see it. If he did, then send him to the box.

He has now replied with another sweet goal. He's got the best finish around the net I've seen in ages.

8-0

Crosby has 6 goals 1 assist in the tournament now.
Assists to Dawes and Coburn.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
The only replay I saw was the one where the boards didn't show me so I didn't see it. If he did, ten send him to the box.

He has now replied with another sweet goal. He's got the best finish around the net I've seen in ages.

8-0

Crosby has 6 goals 1 assist in the tournament now.
Assists to Dawes and Coburn.

I'm listening the game on RDS (french station of TSN) and Normand Flynn, their analyst, said it was deserved because both feet left the ice. Unfortunately, it's not Pierre MacGuire who will learn you something. :lol

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
9-0

Crosby was the decoy, Fraser had the puck on a 2 on 1. The defenceman went straight to Crosby and took his legs out, Fraser walked in and deked the goalie, slid it home.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
markov` said:
Dawes only have one assist so far I think... too bad since I have him in my pool.

Not talking just points, he played really well. I know he's only known for his goals but he was blocking shots and making big plays all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->