GDT: GDT: 2014 NHL Entry Draft – Round 2-7: Sat Jun 28, 10AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Evans:

Evans is a skilled offensive winger for the St. Michael’s Buzzers. Jake is currently committed to
play NCAA hockey at the University of Notre Dame. Evans displays a strong offensive skill set and
has continuously improved his offensive numbers at the Junior A level. He is an elite finisher in the
league and has the ability to take over games with his offence. Jake is a strong smooth skater and
has the ability to beat defenders wide with a quick burst. He displays good hands and elite puck
skills in the offensive zone and is good at finding openings in coverage.
2014 BLACK BOOK -46 2014 NHL DRAFT PROSPECTSEvans has a strong wrist shot with a quick release coming off the half wall on the powerplay that is
very effective. Jake is also a good playmaker and uses his vision well to set up teammates with
crisp cross ice passes or threads the needle through traffic for backdoor opportunities. He stands up
for himself after whistles and is not afraid to use his stick for cross checks or slashes when pushed.
Jake can disappear at times when games get to physical and needs to work at bringing a consistent
effort every shift. There are some games when he is an absolute game changer while others he
looks like he does not even want to be on the ice.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow Middleton last pick? Thought he was gone...okay, my list of development camp coming...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Christopher@HabsTalk11

1m

Ex #Habs 4th rounder Brady Vail went undrafted this time around, speaks to why Montreal didn't sign him.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Guys we should take a shot at:

Logan Halladay, Reid Gardiner, Parker Bowles, Adam Helewka, Phillipe Gadouray, Gavin Bayreuther, Dexter Dancs, Alexandre Goulet, Nick Wolff, Darby Llewellyn, Rihards Bukart, Andrew Mangiapane, Tyson Baillie, Luke Philp, Tyler Sheehy, Seamus Malone, Leon Bristedt, Karson Kuhlman, Dylan Gambrell, Arkhip Nekolenko, Ryan Verbeek, Chris Wilkie, Hayden Hodgson, Brandon Prophet, Blake Clarke, Dryden Hunt, Colby Cave, Justin Gutierrez, Zach Bratina, Emil Aronsson, Brandon Robinson, Adam Rockwood, Kasimir Kasikisuo, Dominic Franco, Dominic Zwenger, Brett Boehm, and Marcel Godbout.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Wow great pick in the 1st round. Okay so great practice, now let's begin the real 2nd day.....:sarcasm:;)

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
We tend to draft a lot of WHL players. I'm okay with that. It's a tough league.

But, it's not like we ignore Ontario either Crisp, Galchenyuk and Vail were drafted from there.

We under draft that league - and it produces the best players at this point.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I'll just say that I didn't like that 2nd day. Because tons of people I loved we passed on. I just don't see the strategy this year.

But the great thing about that is that you don't really win a draft immediately once it's done. There are winners once it's done and then REAL winners 4 years from now. But CLEARLY one of the most unsexy draft in the history of Habs draft. I have to go to 2008 to find a draft as unsexy as this and yet, they only had 5 picks.

Timmins just said that MOST are LONG-term prospects....

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I love the Hawkey and Evans picks on Day two.
I liked Lernout just thought trading up for him was the wrong way to go but he was a name that stuck out for me pre-draft.
Audette I'm indifferent on.
Koberstein just blows my mind.. no idea about this kid, not much info, what the hell.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I love the Hawkey and Evans picks on Day two.
I liked Lernout just thought trading up for him was the wrong way to go but he was a name that stuck out for me pre-draft.
Audette I'm indifferent on.
Koberstein just blows my mind.. no idea about this kid, not much info, what the hell.

- Wasn't a Lernout fan. Can't believe we traded up to get him. Had MUCH MORE players I wanted at that spot

- Koberstein: No idea who he is. No stats to show for. Will still play next year in an inferior league. And not going to a hockey market in Alaska after. And OTHER players to choose from.

- Audette: At that spot, I'm fine with him.

- Hawkey: Seems the most brillant pick. Didn't know him, but reading about him, statswise, seems a very good pick. People who keep whining about we shouldn't pick goalies have no idea what they're talking about.

- Evans: Is fine....yet, I don't know him. Never seen him. Good stats. You don't like to read reports that says that a guy vanishes when the play is tough....I mean, how can you go for toughness and yet go for a guy who hates it? But if you go for Evans, you could have gone with Wilkie, or Connor Murphy....same type of players, and they don't really mind the rough stuff. So...okay pick....will be really intereted to see what he does.

In the end, really mediocre day....TODAY. It doesn't mean that it will not PAN OUT when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad