24. Boston
25. St. Louis
26. Vancouver
27. Phoenix
28. N.Y. Rangers
29. New Jersey
30. Los Angeles (optional to Columbus)

Speculation
Flyers, Sharks, and Sens; the frontrunners for Nash?
Luongo to Leafs, 98% done?
Regier calling about Staal, Jordan only wants Carolina?
Murray listening to offers for Bobby Ryan, another option than Nash?
Suter's or Parise's rights traded?
1) Tampa, Columbus, NYI, or Toronto going to trade up or down?
2) Maybe for impact players?
Edmonton not trading #1 overall?
Dubinsky in a different sweater by Saturday?
Hawks wanting to retool their defense?
Yandle on the block and is a deal very close to being done?

Notes
NHL Network in USA will have pre-draft coverage starting 2 hours before.
TSN coverage starts at Noon ET with Alyonka Larionov at TSN Social Lounge.
This is the first draft using a new modern board. Looks like a projector, but couldn't get a clear pic of it.
Saturday's coverage of rounds 2-7 will ONLY be on NHL Network in both USA and Canada.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
nope, that's exclusive to NHL network.

And ''coverage'' would be a very loose term for it. More like ''let's show the first 10 picks of round 2 at most, then let's bore and infuriate the draft geeks who get up at 10 am on a Saturday to watch this hoping it's different this year than the trainwreck of the last 5 or so years with interviews of people who are largely irrelevant to day 2 of the draft and show the draft board/picks made once every 20 minutes!''

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
And ''coverage'' would be a very loose term for it. More like ''let's show the first 10 picks of round 2 at most, then let's bore and infuriate the draft geeks who get up at 10 am on a Saturday to watch this hoping it's different this year than the trainwreck of the last 5 or so years with interviews of people who are largely irrelevant to day 2 of the draft and show the draft board/picks made once every 20 minutes!''

Pretty much this :laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

I honestly don't know how the NHL network can't realize how bad their 2nd day coverage is. Is it that hard to have 2 or 3 panelists, a host discuss every pick for 30 seconds each.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Hahha, this. They should just rename it, "The Craig Button Show", because he talks.....A LOT!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have two main gripes about how the draft is now covered:

1. I hate it being Friday night. Saturday morning was so much more fun.

2. Day two coverage is awful. It's nothing but jaw flapping and they dont even shut up to listen to the picks being made. Button will yap away about Nail Yakupov's exceptionally muscular calves long enough to miss ten or fifteen diffrent picks. It's terrible.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Nope, showing F1 qualifying and then EURO's.

NHL Network in both US and Canada.

Hmm, for some reason I thought they streamed it online. Must've been NHL network though. I agree with everyone here in that the coverage is pretty bad, it'd be nice if we could at least be kept up to date on the picks.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hmm, for some reason I thought they streamed it online. Must've been NHL network though. I agree with everyone here in that the coverage is pretty bad, it'd be nice if we could at least be kept up to date on the picks.

I would much rather listen to some online radio show that actually covers the picks being made done by posters from this site then watching Day 2 of the draft itself on the NHL Network

Madic

May 21, 2008
For those with better memories than mine: is the 1st pick usually made around 7, or after 20 minutes of jabbering?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
For those with better memories than mine: is the 1st pick usually made around 7, or after 20 minutes of jabbering?

Generally it takes about 15-20 minutes before we get the first pick. Don't forget we usually get a boring 2-3 minute pre draft speech from Gary Bettman in that time. I also expect an interview with Brian Burke in the first 15-20 minutes before Edmonton picks because that's how TSN rolls

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
OP...Bobby Ryan isn't technically available...Murray's just listening to offers. It would be an offer that he can't refuse in order for him to move him.

and WJG, there's a good chance neither is available to the Jets. Have Trouba, Reinhart, and Faksa as hopeful backups.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I'm pretty sure they stream it on NHL.com.

Hopefully they've improved the day two coverage since they've continued to improve NHL Network.
No Deb Placey would be a fantastic start.
They should also isocam the draft board or something, as the only way to actually know who has been picked is by following reporters on Twitter or by using an incredibly delayed page on NHL.com.

Madic

May 21, 2008
You know what would improve Day 2 coverage? Shutting up and putting a camera on the draft board. Seriously. Saying nothing and showing live draft > 10 minutes discussion over each pick.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
If you navigate to the Press Room channel of the VideoCenter console on NHL.com, you'll see the four Coming Soon live video feeds that are not yet available:
2012 NHL Draft Preview
2012 NHL Draft Preview show exclusively on the NHL ...
6/22/2012 0:00 Mins
^ The 5:00PM NHLN preview show.
2012 NHL Draft Round 1 (audio only)
2012 NHL Draft Round 1 audio only stream exclusive ...
^ The audio stream of Rd.1.
2012 NHL Draft Round 1 Recap
2012 NHL Draft Round 1 Recap exclusively on the NH ...
^ The 10:00PM NHLN recap show.
2012 NHL Draft: Rounds 2-7
2012 NHL Draft: Rounds 2-7 exclusively on the NHL ...
6/23/2012 0:00 Mins
^ And the day two NHLN stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->