GDT: 2/4/05 NHL & NHLPA Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

GregStack said:
Are you sure Habs or Oiler fans might not have slight rebuttles for 2 in 4 years?

Anyways...let's all hope for hockey.

Yeah, but 80's are way out of our memories now, that's when the hockey was good......Son of Steinbrenner, Im not going to even bother with what you said, all I know is, Im indifferent to this whole season, I saw it coming, we all did.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
neelynugs said:
citicorp? wow...my company has an office directly across the street. i could be there in 15 minutes from where i am now :D

Well my offer from yesterday atill stands. Buy a chain and pad lock and lock those fockers in the room and i'll pay all your legal fees

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
You know, in all of this, I really feel bad for the Tampa fans. If this lockout doesn't end this season, they won't get the chance to see their team try to defend their championship status a second time in a row. Not that it would guarantee them winners again, but how frustrating to not get the chance to make it two in a row.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
Chinook said:
Well, 6 pizzas for 6 people... that's a lot of pizza. They may have ordered enough to last for several hours of talks (i.e, through dinner).

That's somthing that us regular folks might do - but we are talking about the high finance big wheels here. If this goes into dinner time - you can bet they wont be eating warmed up pizza, especially since they are eating on expense accounts.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
You know, in all of this, I really feel bad for the Tampa fans. If this lockout doesn't end this season, they won't get the chance to see their team try to defend their championship status a second time in a row. Not that it would guarantee them winners again, but how frustrating to not get the chance to make it two in a row.

Trust me, of thought of that too... :shakehead

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
neelynugs said:
citicorp? wow...my company has an office directly across the street. i could be there in 15 minutes from where i am now :D

And you're sitting here, talking to us unworthy folks? :bow: :lol:

Get over there now....I want to hear what sodas they ordered from the bar downstairs.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I bet Gary only paid for 53% of the pizza bill.

On the shortened season...as been mentioned once before at least...

The best reason for having a shortened season is that it gets the awkward post lockout period out of the way and they start normally in October.

I support getting in any hockey they can this year.

Jaysfanatic*

bladoww said:
Trust me, of thought of that too... :shakehead

Cancel this season, and try it again next year, pretend as if this was all a dream, and the NHL never left. I still prefer them getting a deal done, and saying there isn't enough time for an effective season, so we'll start next year.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Lady Rhian said:

Get over there now....I want to hear what sodas they ordered from the bar downstairs.

What better way to celebrate a new CBA than to eat pizza and drink beer. They probably have the signed CBA in the briefcase and they are sitting back laughing at all the rumours and speculation being bantered about..or aboot.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Lady Rhian said:

talk about a scoop, eh?

i worked in the building across the street for about 4 years. my company moved some of us to a new location shortly after 9/11. all i can tell you is, the citicorp building is like a fortress now. there are security guards EVERYWHERE. i used to eat lunch in their cafeteria, but after they upgraded security, you can hardly get into the place, let alone sneak up to the 49th floor :joker: i'll be in the vicinity at like 5:30pm, but let's hope they are still meeting at that point

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The best reason for having a shortened season is that it gets the awkward post lockout period out of the way and they start normally in October.

that and they can find a way to use it for the draft as well instead of skipping a draft and things getting all confusing with that

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
A shortened 28 game season would not be all that bad at all. It would be playoff like hockey from the get-go, every point would mean something, it would be very intense.

The only downfall to a short season would be the possibility of teams sandbagging it so that they have a better chance to get Crosby. I don't know what the league could do to potentially deter this, maybe make the lottery less weighted? :dunno:

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
IcemanTBI said:
A shortened 28 game season would not be all that bad at all. It would be playoff like hockey from the get-go, every point would mean something, it would be very intense.

The only downfall to a short season would be the possibility of teams sandbagging it so that they have a better chance to get Crosby. I don't know what the league could do to potentially deter this, maybe make the lottery less weighted? :dunno:
A 28 game season would be perfect. I mean it was right around the 25 game mark that Toronto went on the 16 game point streak last year. Plays right into the hands of the old men on the Leafs. :handclap:

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
I think that any team, and I think it is a stretch to think that one would, considering "sandbagging" the season in order to have a shot at Crosby would be planning to do it regardless of the length of the season.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
easy enough to do, if you don't make the playoffs you get 5 shots at winning the 1st pick, if you lose in the 1st rd you get 3 shots at the 1st pick, if you lose in the 2nd rd you get 1 shots at winning the first pick

With this setup every team that didn't make the playoffs would get a 5 in 98 chance of winning the 1st overall pick

That means there is a better than 70% chance that the first overall pick would go to a team that didn't make the playoffs and less than a 5% chance that it would go to a team that won the first round of the playoffs. If the team made it to the semi-finals they wouldn't have a chance at the first rd pick.

This way finishing 9th in the conference or 15th you'd have the same chance at winning the first overall pick, That chance would also be just over a 5% chance.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
amazingcrwns said:
easy enough to do, if you don't make the playoffs you get 5 shots at winning the 1st pick, if you lose in the 1st rd you get 3 shots at the 1st pick, if you lose in the 2nd rd you get 1 shots at winning the first pick

With this setup every team that didn't make the playoffs would get a 5 in 98 chance of winning the 1st overall pick

That means there is a better than 70% chance that the first overall pick would go to a team that didn't make the playoffs and less than a 5% chance that it would go to a team that won the first round of the playoffs. If the team made it to the semi-finals they wouldn't have a chance at the first rd pick.

This way finishing 9th in the conference or 15th you'd have the same chance at winning the first overall pick, That chance would also be just over a 5% chance.

I like this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->