GDT: 2/4/05 NHL & NHLPA Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
Well, 6 pizzas for 6 people... that's a lot of pizza. They may have ordered enough to last for several hours of talks (i.e, through dinner).

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
CrosbyFan#87 said:
Howard Berger was just on The Fan590 commenting on how a truck pulled up to the building they are meeting in with 6 gigantic pizza boxes. He asked the security guard where they were headed, and the guard said the NHL/NHLPA meetings on the 49th floor.

Who picked up the tab. And i bet the poor delievery kid got a piss poor tip.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
I wish they would broadcast these meetings. If Bettman and Goodenow can't give us hockey they should at least provide us with some form of entertainment.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Im hoping they cancel the season though, I wouldn't award the Stanley Cup for a 28 game season, it's a sham.

does anyone else find the humor in a devils fan saying this? :lol

getting a part of a season in isn't worthless though...it's a pretty big deal. it's a lot better than missing an entire season...by the time the next season rolls around, hockey will have been out of peoples minds for a lonnnnnnnng time and lost even more fans

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
I think everyone is in agreement that when they do play that the game has to change on the ice. Now what I've been wondering is, if they do sign a deal they'll be rushed to put together the season. How are they going to implement these changes? Because if this shortened season is the same product that it has been the past few years than the game is still in trouble.

Jaysfanatic*

Levitate said:
does anyone else find the humor in a devils fan saying this? :lol

getting a part of a season in isn't worthless though...it's a pretty big deal. it's a lot better than missing an entire season...by the time the next season rolls around, hockey will have been out of peoples minds for a lonnnnnnnng time and lost even more fans

More than half a season is WAY more meaningful then like 1 quarter of a season. Come back and talk to me when your team wins 2 in 4

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Devilsfanatic said:
More than half a season is WAY more meaningful then like 1 quarter of a season. Come back and talk to me when your team wins 3 in 9.

alright, alright...let's not turn this into a pissing match.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
:lol you know we are die-hards when we talk about the pizza and what type it could possibly be since the doors to the meeting are shut

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Chinook said:
Well, 6 pizzas for 6 people... that's a lot of pizza. They may have ordered enough to last for several hours of talks (i.e, through dinner).

And reporting live here from the NHL/NHLPA meetings, the tension & speculation continue to mount...just who ordered the anchovy pizza?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
sure sure sure...you know everyone regards that '95 cup as only a half cup, right? :D

(i'm poking lighthearted fun in case that's too hard to pick up)

Jaysfanatic*

crossxcheck said:
alright, alright...let's not turn this into a pissing match.

Im done with it, unless he's a Detroit fan, he doesn't have a rebuttle, I just gotta defend my team.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
1/2 -1/4 season who cares SOME season means a deal is done, I hockey dies today or tomorrow your not going to ever see the NHL again. transfer all the lockout dates to next year is going to be the same silly arguments and posturing.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Chinook said:

Nah, they had philosophical differences when picking the toppings. :lol:

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
Devilsfanatic said:
More than half a season is WAY more meaningful then like 1 quarter of a season. Come back and talk to me when your team wins 2 in 4
I know what you are saying, but look at it this way...'

the Wolrd championship, Olympic Gold medal and world juniors all have a round robin..

NHL plays a 28 game home and home confrence only round robin and teams are seeded from 1-15 in each confrence, no division winners, top 8 make the playoffs and it is business as usual from there.

At least that would have meaning and the playoffs are still 16 games to win the Cup. As long as there are 16 games to win the cup I couldn't care what season they have..

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Devilsfanatic said:
Im done with it, unless he's a Detroit fan, he doesn't have a rebuttle, I just gotta defend my team.

Are you sure Habs or Oiler fans might not have slight rebuttles for 2 in 4 years?

Anyways...let's all hope for hockey.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Devilsfanatic said:
First of all what makes you more of an authority about a season? Is it because the team you ROOT for has won 3 out of 9 Stanley Cups? :lol

I guess you forgot that when the devils won there first stanley cup it was a lockout season. 48 games and a lot of people think that was a fluke. Do you know why a lot of people think that was a fluke? Because they missed the playoffs the next season.

Getting a deal now isn't about this season its about getting a deal to start next season. Even us rangers fans can see that (one stanley cup in 64 years) Playing 28-30 games isn't ideal but its better than nothing.

Jaysfanatic*

Biggest Canuck Fan said:
I know what you are saying, but look at it this way...'

the Wolrd championship, Olympic Gold medal and world juniors all have a round robin..

NHL plays a 28 game home and home confrence only round robin and teams are seeded from 1-15 in each confrence, no division winners, top 8 make the playoffs and it is business as usual from there.

At least that would have meaning and the playoffs are still 16 games to win the Cup. As long as there are 16 games to win the cup I couldn't care what season they have..

I can respect that I guess.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
RangerBoy said:
The parties arrived at the Citicorp building between 9:30-11 this morning

citicorp? wow...my company has an office directly across the street. i could be there in 15 minutes from where i am now :D

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
rekrul said:
1/2 -1/4 season who cares SOME season means a deal is done, I hockey dies today or tomorrow your not going to ever see the NHL again. transfer all the lockout dates to next year is going to be the same silly arguments and posturing.

amen. If this doesnt get done (probably today), we are in for a very very long haul with lawyers and such, impasse or not. Hopefully these guys realize that this just has to happen or what has happened so far is nothing compared to the next 8-10 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->