GDT: 2/3//05 NHL and PA meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
not that this really says anything and I don't know how long this has been going on, but the jerseys are no longer on sale on nhl.com for as cheap as they were a few weeks ago. take it for what it's worth, but why would they hike prices if the season is going to be a bust? :dunno: Just an observation.

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
neelynugs said:
bruins did in 97
tampa did in 98

It is true that Boston did, but they are the only true lottery team to finish last and get 1st overall.

The Tampa Bay pick in '98 was the result of a trade--from either SJ or Florida IIRC. The Lightning held the 2nd overall pick, I believe.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
CBC Newsworld just did a live update at 8:00 am pst.

Both sides are in their hotel rooms preparing thier agenda's and the sides will meet just after noon EST, so in the next 1 1/2 hr.

I think this is the beginning of the 48 hr marathon. There is more in common than they both say, and I am going to be the one optimist.

I won't say what the realist says... which prevents dissapointment. :D

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Chinook said:
I don't think there was a lottery back then.

Lottery didn't come in until after the Daigle Cup (where Ottawa and SJ competed to the bitter end for last overall, with a whopping 24 pts in 84 games) When you consider that the WORST team last year had 58 pts, you get the idea of just what these 2 teams were doing.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
it's kind of funny that daigle turned out to be the poster boy for 1st overall busts

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
rwilson99 said:
San Jose actually won the lotter in 98. TBL GM Phil Esposito threw in the option to switch picks with San Jose as part of a deal that sent Brian Marchment to the west coast.

In other words... Phil stole Vinny Lecavlier. :handclap:

and then san jose traded their pick to nashville in a deal that landed nashville legwand and san jose cheechoo. :D

rwilson99

crossxcheck said:
and then san jose traded their pick to nashville in a deal that landed nashville legwand and san jose cheechoo. :D

Funny how both Cheechoo and Vinny scored critical goals with an impossible between the legs shot during this years playoffs... but Vinny's set up of the GWG in the Finals was unconcious.

Vinny >>>>> Cheechoo

Espo is God.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
neelynugs said:
interesting chat with john davidson last night on ESPN radio- he made mention of the rangers "tanking a 30 game season to get crosby" as being a reality the league really needs to address...the problems of getting work visas, and that bettman and goodenow likely need 3 days in a room to get anything accomplished. hopefully that begins today and ends with a deal on saturday :dunno:
Add this year's point totals to last season's point total - or add the points from this 30-game season to next season's point total at the halfway point (January 1, 2006 perhaps) and hold two drafts in 2006 - - one for the class of 2005 and one for the class of 2006 . . . . that should help with the "tanking" issue.

EDIT: Changed 2206 to 2006 though the responses to 2206 were quite amusing.

Last edited:

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
HockeyCritter said:
Add this year's point totals to last season's point total - or add the points from this 30-game season to next season's point total at the halfway point (January 1, 2006 perhaps) and hold two drafts in 2006 - -one for the class of 2005 :lol and one for the class of 2206 :lol . . . . that should help with the "tanking" issue.

My great great great great great grandson's draft class, eh?

Last edited:

jcab2000

Mar 3, 2004
Raleigh, NC
crossxcheck said:
you talk about some intense competition...30 teams duking it out for crosby. wow.

although in reality awarding #1 overall to the team that wins most likely creates an even larger talent gap.

You really think the players care more about who get's Crosby than about winning it all?

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
HockeyCritter said:
one for the class of 2005 and one for the class of 2206 . . . . that should help with the "tanking" issue.

So you think the lockout isn't going to be setteled soon I see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->