GDT: 11/17 -RE/MAX: Russia vs. Canada(OHL) series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Zine said:
:confused: :dunno:

None of the Canadian players are below a "C" level because there are only 3 teams. There aren't enough players to form a "D" team.

The "C" team would be a collection of the worst players that make up each respective team (WHL, OHL, QMJHL).
The "B" team would consist of the next best players, and the "A" team would be the cream of the crop (plus the handful of NHLers).
Canada's "D" team would be a collection of the best remaining CHL talent not chosen to participate in this event.

Each squad (WHL, OHL, Q) has a collection of A, B, and C level players (some more than others) so they each average out to be around "B" level. Maybe slighty below "B" level figuring in the NHLers not playing.

I know. Because the CHL is split into 3 teams, it is impossible to have actual rankings on what would be considered an "A" team, or a "B" team, etc. (or at least it is impossible to rank what this OHL team would actually be), so what I did was take rough percentages of how many of the players on this OHL team would be on the WJC "A" team. Statistically speaking, only around 5 or 6 would be on the "A" team (the goalies would either be some combination of Ward, Harding, Daigneault, and Deslauriers; most, if not all, of the D'men would be from the dub; the Q has some forwards, though Crosby will probably be the only one; and Nash, Horton, Stall, Bergeron, Fleury are eligible NHLers). So I used an obvious imperfect format to rank the OHL team. I tried to qualify what I said with "generally speaking" and "could be considered," so as to take in account for the problem in classifying the team. But, admittedly, your way of ranking is better.

Anyway, what I was trying to say (or at least imply), was that the OHL team would probably make up only 1/4 of the actual Canadian "A" team (with all eligible NHL players), so the team, compared to what it could be, is roughly 3/4 waterd down. If you stay strictly to the 3 league format, which is what the Remax teams are (and the eligible NHL players), using combinations of the three leagues and the NHL, this OHL team alone would be tied for the fourth best. Obviously a far from perfect way of ranking, but the point remains the OHL team is far (roughly 3/4 away) from being the "A" team.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
SpezNc said:
Eager. Man he is the real deal. He hit everything that move... and everything that doesn't move (The board LOL)...

Why not send to the russian team some russians playing in the chl for completing the team?
it would be more equal...

That's happens... Team russia add two OHLer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad