GBU: Ole Yo Asses Home

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I think I will buy a Sabres jersey that fits me. My Perreault jersey (circa 1970) stopped fitting me about 1980 and I never bought another. I think Dahlin this time. The comeback kids have convinced me to pry open my wallet.

Kevbeau

Sponsor
Jul 11, 2006
That call to put Okposo on that ending PP was next-level. The PP wasn't looking bad most of the night....yet he makes that call.
Have to admit...as I was in the middle of thinking, why the $&@! did he swap Okposo for Middelstadt, the puck goes in!

Loved Larsson and Bogo’s game
Scandella had issues but agree he finished strong
Sam was amazing, not even counting the goal
Casey M gaining confidence
Eichel playing the body

Only thing I’d like to see more is F1 making the D pay a bit more. Sabres seemed to pull off their checks more than the Habs, but I’m being picky now

Reactions: Rasmus CacOlainen

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Have to admit...as I was in the middle of thinking, why the $&@! did he swap Okposo for Middelstadt, the puck goes in!

Loved Larsson and Bogo’s game
Scandella had issues but agree he finished strong
Sam was amazing, not even counting the goal
Casey M gaining confidence
Eichel playing the body

Only thing I’d like to see more is F1 making the D pay a bit more. Sabres seemed to pull off their checks more than the Habs, but I’m being picky now

I was also audibly complaining about okposo being on the unit

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Absolutely awesome. Such a fun watch.

Good:

- Pominville steps up big... pucks to the net from wherever he can, good traffic in front when not in possession

- the Skinner and Sheary additions have changed things big time. Wing talent was nonexistent last year, now we get to spread out and put guys in better positions to succeed up and down the LU - and as a result, Okposo fantastic... ERod fantastic...Mittelstadt looks a lot more comfortable.

- still waiting for some credit to be thrown Risto’s way

- McCabe has been so much better this year. Big with the shot blocking, uses his body better. Better decision making

- Bogosian

- the PK looked normal again, much less of the T nonsense

- two solid games in a row from Larsson

Bad:

- Hutton...weakest game as a Sabre

- about a ten minute stretch of the first period, after the solid start and before the calmer finish of that period

Ugly:

- I would have taken Strazzobosco and Jillson over Scandella tonight. One of the more egregious performances I can remember seeing during this last while, especially in terms of directly leading to GA. Brutal game from him.

That second goal where he backed off at our blueline was baffling.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
G
Skinner
Pominville (he looks like a first line winger, don't be dumping him for a 5th at the trade deadline)
Okposo

Bad
Hutton
Jack not shooting enough tonight. Was too pass happy

Ugly
Scandella. He's playing Mike Wilson level at the moment. Bench him for Pilut

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You know what? Jack wasn't getting it tonight, but he took the body and made some plays. That's what you need in a leader, he isn't going to be on every night but on nights where he isn't he needs to make sound defensive plays and take the body and I feel like he did that tonight.

Yes I feel the same way.

He didn’t have it, that drive he always seems to of had this year offensively but he seemed like he was taking care of business everywhere else...and honestly him being captain whlile the team is staying above .500 just reflects back on him as a positive thing since he’s now the leader.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
G:
Exciting (or at least watchable) hockey is back in Buffalo!
Most of the Sabres
Special shout out to Pommer, McCabe, and Bogo

B:
Hutton let in some softies
Scandella
Most of the Canadiens

U:
Me trying to contain my excitement while I watched the game on mute in the back row of class

Too late for classes man!

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
G: After listening to post game from a few players... This team is buying into "The System" ©2018 Phil Housley. Gotta give props to the coach for getting the players to buy into a system that is actually working.

Meh: 1. Sheary had a few brutal giveaways, but had a nice assist and more good than bad overall.
2. Hutton let in some softies, but he made the big saves when needed.

B:

U: Scandella has been our worst defenseman for at least 2 games if not longer. Is he injured? Concussed? Time to call up Pilut?

Reactions: jBuds

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
couple observations from the arena:

- Juulsen didn't catch the anthem carpet and bit it facefirst into the boards pregame
- Habs fans were Ole'ing while looking incredibly nervous
- The in-game hypeman they have now is really charming, if ineffective with this dull crowd
- hamburgers are 15 dollars
- Mittelstadt, Skinner, Eichel, and Reinhart are skating incredibly smoothly with and without the puck, even more so than I've seen before

Reactions: Sansbacon

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Different take on Scandella....

Anyone hear the constant talking when Bogosian got the puck? It was Scandella. He was yelling directions to Bogosian. He even pointed a couple times.

That's what Hainsey and Enstrom did for Bogosian during his most successful runs. Bogosian struggles at defensive zone decisions and breakout decisions. Scandella is helping.

Scandella is thinking for his pairing. His derpy play started when he paired with Bogosian. I think as he settles into his role, he'll be back to normal.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
First time in the Housley Tenure this team has won 3 games in a row! Middlestadt has a phenomenal game despite being minus 2 but it’s only a matter of time before he starts scoring a potting those goals , Reinhart gets his first !!! Outstanding team win
Nope. They did it on the Western Canada trip last year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Too late for classes man!

Ayyy, normally I'd agree with you but I really wanted this one (both because helpful topic and because the grade doesn't factor into my GPA/class rank lol). Sabres games make it go by quicker, though!

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Anyone hear the constant talking when Bogosian got the puck? It was Scandella. He was yelling directions to Bogosian. He even pointed a couple times.

That's what Hainsey and Enstrom did for Bogosian during his most successful runs. Bogosian struggles at defensive zone decisions and breakout decisions. Scandella is helping.

Scandella is thinking for his pairing. His derpy play started when he paired with Bogosian. I think as he settles into his role, he'll be back to normal.

Interesting theory

Reactions: Rasmus CacOlainen

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Eh. I’m having hard time buying that explaination. Scandella has struggled all season. Risto noticeably improved away from him. In part due to being away from him and in part getting a better playing partner in McCabe.

For whatever reason Scandella has been struggling out of the gate and it’s on him.

This is all Scandella and led to the first goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad