Post-Game Talk: GBU + 3* (Game 10)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
ROR
Sanford
Tarasenko

Good-Again we scored some goals, Sanford really looks good, ROR is the most complete player the Blues have had in a long time, third period was very stout defensively.

Bad-Pietrangelo still hasn’t realized the season started already, Jake took a pretty nasty shot in his head. Kane scores twice.

Ugly-Mike Yeo is still our head coach, Jake Allen is still our starting goalie, we still have one of the worst records in the league.

Reactions: Dbrownss

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Bouwmeester was not noticeable at all tonight for the first time all season.
Sanford has great awareness.
Bozak and Steen feed off one another.
Dunn is playing like the only time he'll be sitting again is when it's to catch his breath before his next shift.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I'll throw a bone to Yeo...somehow he got the team not to cave in the 3rd. Saved his job.

You sure that was HIM, and not just The Players deciding they've had enough of losing? What different strategy did he use? He still was playing Bouwmeester out there with Pietrangelo. What did he do differently in The 3rd from the other games?

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Sanford
ROR
Bozak

If it was just in isolation, I’d say ROR up top, but Sanford had a awful injury, just lost his dad, and has come up here and slid right into a top 6 role. Really happy for him.

Perron is a driver on that line’s success as well, and very deserving of a star, but I threw in Bozak because he chipped in offensively and also because he just choked Kane off on a play in the second that was looking very similar to the multitude of backbreaking goals we already have given up this season.

I’ve become pretty good at predicting (not Dizee level, but getting closer every day) when we’re about to give up a devastating goal, and was about to call my shot again, and then I said, “No, wait, Tyler took care of this one.” Thank you, Tyler, for that moment, and here’s to many more of those.

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
ROR
Sanford
Pietrangelo

HM: Tarasenko, Schenn, Perron, Parayko, Thomas. Barbashev too because f*** Brent "Boat Anchor" Seabrook.

Might've been Thomas' best game so far. He looked a lot better to me, hopefully he can continue to build off tonight and improve his game at the NHL level.

ROR
Sanford
Tarasenko

Good-Again we scored some goals, Sanford really looks good, ROR is the most complete player the Blues have had in a long time, third period was very stout defensively.

Bad-Pietrangelo still hasn’t realized the season started already
, Jake took a pretty nasty shot in his head. Kane scores twice.

Ugly-Mike Yeo is still our head coach, Jake Allen is still our starting goalie, we still have one of the worst records in the league.
Gotta disagree on the bolded, thought Pietrangelo was excellent tonight. He had that one failed clearing attempt that lead to the hawks second goal...but if you go back and rewatch it, I think that was as much on Bouwmeester being an idiot as it was on AP. Other than that 1 play, he played nearly 27 flawless minutes.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
ROR
Sanford
Pietrangelo

HM: Tarasenko, Schenn, Perron, Parayko, Thomas. Barbashev too because **** Brent "Boat Anchor" Seabrook.

Might've been Thomas' best game so far. He looked a lot better to me, hopefully he can continue to build off tonight and improve his game at the NHL level.

Gotta disagree on the bolded, thought Pietrangelo was excellent tonight. He had that one failed clearing attempt that lead to the hawks second goal...but if you go back and rewatch it, I think that was as much on Bouwmeester being an idiot as it was on AP. Other than that 1 play, he played nearly 27 flawless minutes.
Flawless? He got absolutely walked at the blue line on the Kane leading to a golden scoring chance, that failed clear came 25 seconds after he had the puck in the neutral zone and couldn’t corral it which led to it being in our zone which led to the failed clear, which led to the puck in our net. He was 100% the cause of that goal against. You can’t be the sole reason for a goal against and play a flawless game. He’s played many flawless games in his career, but this most certainly was not one of them. He was bad as he’s been much of this season.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Flawless? He got absolutely walked at the blue line on the Kane leading to a golden scoring chance, that failed clear came 25 seconds after he had the puck in the neutral zone and couldn’t corral it which led to it being in our zone which led to the failed clear, which led to the puck in our net. He was 100% the cause of that goal against. You can’t be the sole reason for a goal against and play a flawless game. He’s played many flawless games in his career, but this most certainly was not one of them. He was bad as he’s been much of this season.
I said other than the failed clear and goal against he was nearly flawless.

On that goal, Pietrangelo never had the puck in the neutral zone, it was juuuuust out of his reach or maybe slipped under his stick. After corralling the puck off the boards and fending off the hawks forechecker he tried to chip the puck off the boards around Bouwmeester who stayed on his man rather than breaking off into space to accept a pass or move in the opposite direction for a reversal. It was only after that mix up that the play broke down and the puck was turned over. He needed help from ideally his partner Bouwmeester or even the winger but got none. Bouwmeester was fixated on his man (Kane), Tarasenko was standing still on the boards above the circle, and Schwartz was already breaking up ice because he figured Pietrangelo would clear the puck (like he does 99% of the time). Calling Pietrangelo the sole reason for that goal is unfair IMO. Shit happens, how about the other 26.5 minutes of stellar play?

As far as the Kane play, yeah he got walked. Kane is really good. FWIW the Blues clearly are trying to stack the Blue line with 4 players on the PK to stop easy zone entries...and it's largely worked this year so far. But, again, Kane is really good.

Bottom line: Pietrangelo played nearly 27 minutes, scored a goal and 2 assists for 3 points, was a +1 and excellent defensively except for 1 play when he failed to clear the zone. I will take that ten times outta ten.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'd fire Yeo regardless. This team won in spite of him, not because of him or anything the coaches did. In the hands of a competent coach, this team would be soaring.

The Hawks are rivals and if this team is going to blow out any team this year, it better be Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->