Injury Report: Gauthier out 6 months

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lightning fans on the main boards are completely insufferable. Absolutely refuse to admit that Dotchin has done anything wrong, calling us all babies. Bunch of ****ing duds. :laugh:

Thankfully the thread was finally closed. Some special posters out in full force in that one. :laugh:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Thankfully the thread was finally closed. Some special posters out in full force in that one. :laugh:
Yeah, they're bragging on their boards about how they "closed it down" by messaging the mods to close it, as if they were the innocent ones and we were trolling. Bunch of snowflakes.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah, they're bragging on their boards about how they "closed it down" by messaging the mods to close it, as if they were the innocent ones and we were trolling. Bunch of snowflakes.

Yeah i believe it was the same moron who came to our board to tell us how he loves Dotchin. Also that other moron telling us about how "Dotchin owns us" was calling us trolls for calling that plug dirty. What an absolutely garbage bunch of fans they have. Thankfully there's so few of them

Perhaps the greatest and most hilarious part is them calling Leafs fans babies for writing to the league to get a suspension over our player getting a broken leg, yet there they are nearly dislocating their shoulder as they pat themselves on the back for whining to mods to get the thread closed. What an unlikable group of pathetic babies

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah i believe it was the same moron who came to our board to tell us how he loves Dotchin. Also that other moron telling us about how "Dotchin owns us" was calling us trolls for calling that plug dirty. What an absolutely garbage bunch of fans they have. Thankfully there's so few of them

Perhaps the greatest and most hilarious part is them calling Leafs fans babies for writing to the league to get a suspension over our player getting a broken leg, yet there they are nearly dislocating their shoulder as they pat themselves on the back for whining to mods to get the thread closed. What an unlikable group of pathetic babies
And that's true.

I posted in their thread originally to say that I liked Yzerman and the organization (which is true) and that I admired Kucherov and Hedman (also true), but that if this was reversed they wouldn't like it either. I guess that was my attempt at an olive branch, and was meant to be totally respectful and not trying to stir stuff up.

I guess all the nonsense on the main boards made them think I wasn't being serious, as they're calling me out now. I can admire their team and their players and still disagree with a bunch of people antagonizing and trolling us, but oh well.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I lost a lot of respect for Tampa fans over this Dotchin loser... these guys have a holier than thou attitude and talk as if they had some kind of relationship or rivalry with Toronto. Oh well, I look forward to their continued decline in the standings over the next few years and hopefully Dotchin gets his the old fashioned way. In any case, maybe we'll see some fireworks tonight.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Really terrible news, I would have slotted him over Boyle next year on the 4th line. Especially if we kept Bozak around for defensive zone faceoffs.

Gives Boyle the leverage on a big long term contract, if fans had their way they'd throw four years at 3.5 for washed up penalty killer and face off magician who looses all the big Draws.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Gives Boyle the leverage on a big long term contract, if fans had their way they'd throw four years at 3.5 for washed up penalty killer and face off magician who looses all the big Draws.

And if it were up to you, you would continue to make dumb hateful irrational posts about the Leafs.
Bitter that the Leafs are on the way up?

And how about that turnover machine in Nylander eh? 2 amazing games. Leafs have another star:)

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
3 games is an absolute joke. 5 to 10 seems a little low too seeing that the injury will keep Gauthier out for up to 6 months. I would think 15 to 20 would be a better range. Not sure exactly how many games Gauthier would miss up to the middle of November but I think 15 to 20 would be close.

This may give the Leafs more incentive to resign Boyle. Hopefully we don't overpay too much though.

If Boyle doesn't resign would anybody object to the "jelly of the month club" member Winnik?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I reported a few posts and asked for it to be closed, guess they listened. That Sky04 and Electric couldn't find the short bus if their mom's left them at the stop.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Not if we want that line to be reliable.

Height 6.04 -- Weight 212
Former 1st round pick
Over 250 games played for Pitt and Washington over last 4 seasons
$2 million cap hit
Cup winner playing 23 games in their Cup run.
And you don't trust him to centre the 4th line

WHY???

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Height 6.04 -- Weight 212
Former 1st round pick
Over 250 games played for Pitt and Washington over last 4 seasons
$2 million cap hit
Cup winner playing 23 games in their Cup run.
And you don't trust him to centre the 4th line

WHY???

Not great with the puck, bad possession numbers, was pretty bad on the Pens PK. I don't see how an effective 4th line can have both he and Martin and be effective.

I mean there was good reason why management opted to trade a 2nd round pick for Boyle rather than play Fehr instead.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Not great with the puck, bad possession numbers, was pretty bad on the Pens PK. I don't see how an effective 4th line can have both he and Martin and be effective.

I mean there was good reason why management opted to trade a 2nd round pick for Boyle rather than play Fehr instead.

well... they did get both of them.

Fehr can't help it if he broke his hand.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Fehr was pretty much a capdump though on that trade.

yah but it doesn't mean they wren't going to use him. they did. he broke his hand. if he was healthy and they didn't then i get your point, but it did seem they were going to use both players. Fehr just broke his hand.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I lost a lot of respect for Tampa fans over this Dotchin loser... these guys have a holier than thou attitude and talk as if they had some kind of relationship or rivalry with Toronto. Oh well, I look forward to their continued decline in the standings over the next few years and hopefully Dotchin gets his the old fashioned way. In any case, maybe we'll see some fireworks tonight.

Must be all those snowbirds.:sarcasm:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Eric Fehr isn't a center other than occasionally during his career. He'd be a strange choice as a 4th line center.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I reported a few posts and asked for it to be closed, guess they listened. That Sky04 and Electric couldn't find the short bus if their mom's left them at the stop.

Ya, they think Dotchin fell into Kapanen and it was Matthews fault they hit knee on knee and the Gauthier injury fallout is an "over-reaction". Not sure there is a way to even describe the idiocy over there. I guess Neilsen was faking getting suckered while in a headlock in that scrum. Anyway. Case closed. I'm done.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Ya, they think Dotchin fell into Kapanen and it was Matthews fault they hit knee on knee and the Gauthier injury fallout is an "over-reaction". Not sure there is a way to even describe the idiocy over there. I guess Neilsen was faking getting suckered while in a headlock in that scrum. Anyway. Case closed. I'm done.

I was at the game in Syracuse and that was a deliberate shot at Kappys lower legs but Dotchin, he is nothing but a POS, plain and simple......his history speaks for itself, this ahole better be followed closely by the refs this season!

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
you win with a good goalie, good defense, and what you have up the middle...your 4 centers are so important, they need to score and create offense, skate well and play defense, and we have that...but you also need a good face off guy, a good PKer, and is a great defender as your 4C, gauthier does have this potential, and thats a useful player, the fact that hes a massive 6'5 240 man makes him even more intriguing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad