Gauthier in Hindsight

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I wanted a change from Martin like most people here did. But I always liked him. I just thought he had lost the team and a change was needed.

He helped the team but his time was done. We entered a new phase and we needed change. Therrien did well last year and I was skeptical but everyone has a shelf life. It will happen eventually to Therrien and then the next guy.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
I liked Martin but his style was kind of boring. Smart hockey man but not very adaptive it seems.

Either way, I'd bet JM gets a head coaching job before Gauthier gets a GM one. If you deny that then I don't know what to say.

Edit: FWIW, JM isn't getting a head coaching job any time soon.

Ya Martin might have been smart 10 years ago, shame his one trick pony got played out.

Gauthier is working for the best team in the NHL, seems like he is a bit more useful.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Ya Martin might have been smart 10 years ago, shame his one trick pony got played out.

Gauthier is working for the best team in the NHL, seems like he is a bit more useful.

Gauthier isn't an idiot. He's just not a good GM. He's better as support. I never disputed his ability to do other roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->