Gaudreau named Hobey Hat Trick

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Good for Johnny. He's played very hard and deserves some recognition

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
Gaudreau, Hartzell and Leblanc named Hobey Baker finalists

The top three finalists for this year’s Hobey Baker Award have been announced. Boston College sophomore and Calgary Flames prospect Johnny Gaudreau, Quinnipiac senior Eric Hartzell and St. Cloud State red-shirted senior Drew Leblanc comprise this year’s “Hobey Hat Trick”. Each year, the award recognizes the top collegiate player who excels both on and off the ice.

The winner of the 2013 Hobey Baker Award will be announced on Apr. 12th during the Frozen Four weekend at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA, and will be televised live on the NHL Network.

Johnny Gaudreau, LW
Sophomore, Boston College

Gaudreau looks to become just the fourth sophomore and the first since 2007 to win the Hobey Baker Award.… read more

More...

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Live stream is on the flames site. Winner will be announced soon

Does Hartzell have an NHL contract? The guy looks pretty good.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Leblanc won it

Honestly this is perfect, not saying I didn't want JG to win but after he got cut from the world junior team last year he had a chip on his shoulder and is play noticeably increased this year he loses the Hobey Baker hopefully he gets another chip on his shoulder and comes back 10x stronger.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Expected. The fact that he is a Senior is basically the sole reason he won it.
Gaudreau had eight more goals, and one more point in seven less games and still did not win speaks to that.

Leblanc is a better defensive player and has a great academic record which would both help him. Not saying being a senior didn't help but it certainly wasn't the sole reason.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Gaudreau will win it next year.

Definitely want management to look into the Eric Hartzell & Drew LeBlanc..

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Leblanc is a better defensive player and has a great academic record which would both help him. Not saying being a senior didn't help but it certainly wasn't the sole reason.

Him being a Senior (and 4 years older) gives him more maturity and character and also allows him to take on a larger leadership role within his program. It goes hand in hand.

Like I said it is expected. The award is basically designed to be handed out to a Senior by its standards.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Him being a Senior (and 4 years older) gives him more maturity and character and also allows him to take on a larger leadership role within his program. It goes hand in hand.

Like I said it is expected. The award is basically designed to be handed out to a Senior by its standards.

Yea I agree, my point was he was very deserving, JG has plenty of time to win it and honestly I like the fact that he has to fight for everything, nothing is ever just given to him. I hope next year he comes back fired up and ready to show the judges that he is the best NCAA player by a wide margin.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Gaudreau had 1 more point in 7 less games. Kind of a popularity contest with they Hobey, so whatever.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I feel bad for Gaudreau, but I'm also happy. Hopefully, this makes him compete to even another level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad