Confirmed with Link: Gaudreau is the Flames' lone All-star

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Shocked that Monahan didn't make it. He's having the best season of his career.

Reactions: Sk8M8

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Don't really get why Fleury's there for Vegas, I guess for PR? He spent most of the first half on IR. Should be Gibson from the Ducks. Smith would be second after him IMO.

Go Johnny.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wish Tkachuk would have made it. He has the personality that would actually make the ASG interesting. Johnny is amazing, but he’s not much of a media personality. The NHL fails over and over again at marketing their players and censors all the good characters.

I probably won’t bother watching the game in all honesty, while the 3 on 3 is somewhat entertaining, it’s to unconventional for me to really care. It feels like a glorified skills competition.

Congrats to Johnny, he deserves it. Hopefully him and Voracek have some fun again.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What is OEL doing better than Giordano to deserve a D spot? Fleury has played a dozen games and Smith has won 18.

The Flames never get any respect. Johnny has been incredible, and I'm positive will be incredible in this game and the second half. If some more secondary players come to play in the coming months this team may or may not make the playoffs. The powerplay needs to get going is the bottom line.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I wish Tkachuk would have made it. He has the personality that would actually make the ASG interesting. Johnny is amazing, but he’s not much of a media personality. The NHL fails over and over again at marketing their players and censors all the good characters.

I probably won’t bother watching the game in all honesty, while the 3 on 3 is somewhat entertaining, it’s to unconventional for me to really care. It feels like a glorified skills competition.

Congrats to Johnny, he deserves it. Hopefully him and Voracek have some fun again.

The problem is that Tkachuk isn't an all-star. If the NHL just took the bigger personalities, we'd probably see a bunch of fringe 4th liners participating with Subban.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
What is OEL doing better than Giordano to deserve a D spot? Fleury has played a dozen games and Smith has won 18.

The Flames never get any respect. Johnny has been incredible, and I'm positive will be incredible in this game and the second half. If some more secondary players come to play in the coming months this team may or may not make the playoffs. The powerplay needs to get going is the bottom line.

Every team gets one representative. OEL was chosen from Arizona.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Every team gets one representative. OEL was chosen from Arizona.

With 31 teams, it's not a true allstar. It's some kind of social program the NHL is running.

Allstar game is a joke anyway.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Am I the only one that doesn't care? I don't plan on watching the All-Star Game. I'd actually prefer if the rest of the team uses the time off to rest up for a late season push.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
All star game is a joke.

Smith got snubbed. He went last year though. Him at 3 on 3 is glorious too.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

For some reason I quite enjoy all of the all-star game festivities. But only when they're putting in a half-ways decent effort. I like the skills competition too.

Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Smith should have been there over Fleury, but it's no secret the league doesn't care about us. Vegas is a hot market right now, and they want more players from places that are going to get more ratings etc.

Honestly if they didn't guarantee one representative for each team, I wouldn't be shocked if Gaudreau got snubbed and we didn't have anyone going, as a way to knock at us for the arena situation

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For some reason I quite enjoy all of the all-star game festivities. But only when they're putting in a half-ways decent effort. I like the skills competition too.

The skills competition is practically the best part, which is awful lol. Back in the 80's these games were epic and the NHL just fails at this over and over again.

Honestly I never minded the Team NA vs Team Europe games, at least the players seem to care a little more.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The skills competition is practically the best part, which is awful lol. Back in the 80's these games were epic and the NHL just fails at this over and over again.

Honestly I never minded the Team NA vs Team Europe games, at least the players seem to care a little more.

Maybe they seemed 'epic' in the 80's because that's when you were a kid :sarcasm:

Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011

I may be the only one, but I actually don't see much personality in Tkachuk. Johnny is getting more comfortable in the spotlight and won't be as reserved as he may have been in the past. He's pretty much a veteran of the ASG now.

Though having Burns, Doughty & Tkachuk on the same 3 on 3 team... :popcorn:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Maybe they seemed 'epic' in the 80's because that's when you were a kid :sarcasm:

Naw, well maybe partly but the players were pretty epic. Mario, Jags, Gretz, Mess, Coffey, Yzerman, Fedorov, Gilmour, Newy, Theo, Sakic, Bourque, even Forsberg & Lindros.

It was just a differen era and way more entertaining hockey than today.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I may be the only one, but I actually don't see much personality in Tkachuk. Johnny is getting more comfortable in the spotlight and won't be as reserved as he may have been in the past. He's pretty much a veteran of the ASG now.

Though having Burns, Doughty & Tkachuk on the same 3 on 3 team... :popcorn:

I think Tkachuk is a character with his teammates. 1 on 1 in front of the camera, he’s still kinda shy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->