Gatineau beats Rimouski 8-6 in OT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
MeffyuhTJRest said:
Crosby with 1g 5a 6pts. Nice job, but according to the Q's website the game went into overtime despite the fact that Gatineau was up by 2 goals at the end of regulation. Am I missing something?
I don't know, prolly just a typo is my guess, gotta love the 6 point efforts in losses, pushes him over the 100 point mark (101 to be exact) in game 44, impressive.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Impressive.

101 points in 44 games as a 16 year old...impressive...impressive.

I'm more impressed with the +4 in an 8-6 loss, and helping kill 6 of 7 penalties including the lone assist on the shorthanded goal. That makes it 6-1 or 6-2 Rimouski with Sid on the ice and 6-0 or 7-0 Gatineau the remainder of the game.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The other thing I notice that is impressive is that when you look at the boxscore, most of the assists he picks up are primary assists. I think of the 5 assists he had yesterday, 4 were primary.

Impressive, indeed!

Spiffy

Maybe it is just regular overtime (ie the time is played out, no matter if someone scores or not) and not sudden death overtime...

Dr_Chimera*

That was one crazy sold-out game. The seats were filled and there were a lot of people just standing on the second level. I arrived an hour before the game and the press box was already packed.

Crosby is a tough one to really interview as well - the max you get is 2 mins.

It was 8-6 final - no overtime. Gatineau had as much as an 8-4 lead. Rimouski scored the last two goals.

The Q is one horrible defensive league - I said this before and I'll say this again. The defensemen are absolutely clueless.

leafaholix*

So I take it that Dominic D'Amour wasn't that impressive?

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Dr_Chimera said:
The Q is one horrible defensive league - I said this before and I'll say this again. The defensemen are absolutely clueless.

For the most part, you're 100% correct. The Q's weakness is defence. They spend so much time trying to develop these all star goalies that I think they're neglecting the players in front of goalies at an early age.

The league IS getting better defensively though. Cape Breton is looking good to break the leagues goals against record.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dr_Chimera said:
That was one crazy sold-out game. The seats were filled and there were a lot of people just standing on the second level. I arrived an hour before the game and the press box was already packed.

It was 8-6 final - no overtime. Gatineau had as much as an 8-4 lead. Rimouski scored the last two goals.

Why use 1 game?

Rimouski has 3 good dmen and they are ALL Offensive. Obviously they built their team around offense. But take a swing through the maritimes were defensive systems reign supreme.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Crosbyfan said:
I'm more impressed with the +4 in an 8-6 loss, and helping kill 6 of 7 penalties including the lone assist on the shorthanded goal. That makes it 6-1 or 6-2 Rimouski with Sid on the ice and 6-0 or 7-0 Gatineau the remainder of the game.

:eek: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cariboux

Sep 8, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Rimouski has a poor defense, you should not take them as an exemple. Plus, our best D-MAN, Michal Sersen, was not playing. He is the most important player on this team after Crosby IMO

CoolburnIsGone

Just wondering but how did Dany Roussin look in this game. It appears that he often gets overlooked for Crosby but he did have a hat trick in the game along with 2 assists. Did FL really get a great steal in the 7th round or not?

Dr_Chimera*

Cariboux said:
Rimouski has a poor defense, you should not take them as an exemple. Plus, our best D-MAN, Michal Sersen, was not playing. He is the most important player on this team after Crosby IMO

I don't use them as an example. All in all, the Q has cringe-worthy defense, with individual exceptions.
Sersen is ok.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Dr_Chimera said:

It's getting a bit better but it's going to be a slow process. I blame these three things:

-coaching
-lack of recognition by the local media of the defensive aspects of the game
-lack of D role models

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Hokay said:
I think the record for a sixteen years old is 125 pts, so he should be able easily too beat it.

Not if somebody takes out the little punk's knee for hotdogging it. Players have long memories.

PS yes I was being sarcastic and making fun of the dinosaur known as Don Cherry

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Dr_Chimera said:

Yeah, all that is great, but how did Mr. Crosby look?? We've all seen him many times now, but how was he last nite?....cuz 6pts is very impressive!

We all would like your expert analysis Dr.!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
RichPanther said:
Just wondering but how did Dany Roussin look in this game. It appears that he often gets overlooked for Crosby but he did have a hat trick in the game along with 2 assists. Did FL really get a great steal in the 7th round or not?

Didn't see the game but he's looked good in other games I've seen this year. Good two way player with a scoring touch. 7th round is a bargain IMO.

Edit: just scored another 2 against Val d'Or in the second period (assisted by guess who) Obviously benefits by playing with Sid but that works both ways. Pouliot has two so far tonight.
GO RIMOUSKI

Last edited:

Dr_Chimera*

HabLover said:
Yeah, all that is great, but how did Mr. Crosby look?? We've all seen him many times now, but how was he last nite?....cuz 6pts is very impressive!

We all would like your expert analysis Dr.!

Excellent - he makes Roussin look much better than he is (Roussin didn't really stand out to me despite the points).
One of the quickest, most instinctive youngsters I've ever seen. His change of pace is unparalleled in the CHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad