Gary Bettman on Boomer and Carton

rick063092

Nov 16, 2008
Yeah, but they had him on at 9:40 for a reason...so they wouldn't have to take calls from hockey fans destroying Bettman who is a "friend of Boomer and the show"..

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Ya I missed it because I was at work. I'm glad Boomer said something negative to Bettman, but if he didn't comment on the fact that revenue sharing with teams in non hockey markets is foolish and needs to be changed than he didn't say anything at all.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
My favorite quote, by far, was something to the effect of "we need to continue to take steps for the longterm health of the game."

Bettman seems to forget his reckless push into questionable markets is the main reason for this mess.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
My favorite quote, by far, was something to the effect of "we need to continue to take steps for the longterm health of the game."

Bettman seems to forget his reckless push into questionable markets is the main reason for this mess.

My favorite was "we have a long term security". Right on pace for once a decade labor dispute.

Ranger109

Mar 2, 2011
Gotta love Boomer for how he was.

I'm just happy Hockey is back, but frustrated too. But I'm happy and ready to go!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Ya I missed it because I was at work. I'm glad Boomer said something negative to Bettman, but if he didn't comment on the fact that revenue sharing with teams in non hockey markets is foolish and needs to be changed than he didn't say anything at all.
You don't need to sell Bettman on that one...

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Thanks for posting this it's a good listen. I do somewhat feel bad for Bettman with him taking all this flack. He brought it on himself though. Props to Boomer for asking the questions that everyone has had on their mind.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
Thanks for posting this it's a good listen. I do somewhat feel bad for Bettman with him taking all this flack. He brought it on himself though. Props to Boomer for asking the questions that everyone has had on their mind.

he brought it upon himself? how? because he did what his bosses told him to?

that was a terrible interview. boomer should be ashamed of himself. its ok to ask hard questions, but the matter and tone (sounding like a fanboy more than anything) was terrible. for a person in his position, very unprofessional.

carton on the other hand was ok

Ranger109

Mar 2, 2011
he brought it upon himself? how? because he did what his bosses told him to?

that was a terrible interview. boomer should be ashamed of himself. its ok to ask hard questions, but the matter and tone (sounding like a fanboy more than anything) was terrible. for a person in his position, very unprofessional.

carton on the other hand was ok

F that. Needed to be done.

Ranger109

Mar 2, 2011
f that. be the professional you're supposed to be.

The actions taken by the NHL were anything but that!

Ok, i'm taking it slightly outside of context but you know what, if not Boomer then who?:yo: It needed to be done, it's done with and glad it happened.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
In this case it was.

Quit crying about it, are you his son or something?

not crying about anything. theres just a way to do something and a way not to do something, that wasn't it. does bettman deserve criticism? you betcha, of course he does. as do all of the owners, but put the pom poms away for 15 minutes and do it the right way. that's all. he could have gotten his point across very well without sounding like a child.

Trident

Jan 12, 2013
I appreciate Boomer's passion for the game and telling it like it is in this case. 3 lockouts under this guy's watch. Unacceptable.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
not crying about anything. theres just a way to do something and a way not to do something, that wasn't it. does bettman deserve criticism? you betcha, of course he does. as do all of the owners, but put the pom poms away for 15 minutes and do it the right way. that's all. he could have gotten his point across very well without sounding like a child.

They know what's coming from Boomer when they go on the show, whether its Bettman, Shanahan or anyone else from the league office. They're happy to have a popular radio host who's into hockey so they're willing to go on the show and be yelled at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->