Gary Bettman induction to HHOF is a Travesty to the Game

forecheck

May 14, 2007
The HHOF has lost all credibility with its upcoming induction of this little leech... He is still employed by the league and is the highest paid person in the league by the way at 14 million per... Also he has been the architect of 3 player strikes ... Oh ya lets give him the highest honor of hockey .

I think hes been the worst thing to happen to the game !

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
They would have increased with my Dog running the show...
I don't care one way or the other. Perhaps the owners don't have you or your dog's keen sense of personnel value, but they clearly feel he's done a fine job. And that's all that matters. It's naive to assume otherwise.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
I don't care one way or the other. Perhaps the owners don't have you or your dog's keen sense of personnel value, but they clearly feel he's done a fine job. And that's all that matters. It's naive to assume otherwise.

The point of the Thread is his merit of being inducted to the HHOF.

Stay focused

Reactions: ansoncarter

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The point of the Thread is his merit of being inducted to the HHOF.

Stay focused

He's been the commissioner for 25% of the league's history, has increased the number of teams by 7 and soon to be 8, dramatically increased the popularity of the sport in the US, and revenue has gone from 400 million to 3 billion under his watch.

Yeah that's some pretty good merit there.

I hate the little weasel too... but common. Of course he's going in.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
The HHOF has lost all credibility with its upcoming induction of this little leech... He is still employed by the league and is the highest paid person in the league by the way at 14 million per... Also he has been the architect of 3 player strikes ... Oh ya lets give him the highest honor of hockey .

I think hes been the worst thing to happen to the game !
Usually when I read posts like this the OP can't resist using "buttman" congrats on levelling up

Reactions: Trawna Phan

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Revenues increased 12x under Bettman. That's the number one metric.

was about to post this. also bettman has increased the out reach programs for hockey.

hate what he does during the CBA, but like everything else he has done. except when he asks refs to call the game in favor of american teams or crosby

;)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Compared to the NFL-MLB and NBA he is far behind... As metioned - Dont give him to much credit

you have a population of 300 million people in the US who prefer football, baseball and basketball over hockey.

and then you have abour 35 million people in canada who prefer hockey over other sports

making inroads into a huge market like the US is going to take time especially when hockey has to compete with other favourites in the US when it comes to the almighty dollar.

Reactions: leuf

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Ironic this topic cropped up the same week former NHL President John Ziegler passed away.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The defense for Bettman has always been that he's a puppet of the owners so you can't blame him personally for anything. In that case he sure as heck shouldn't be able to get a personal award like being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Just puts a black mark on the whole thing.

In the case that you do give him credit for things he still shouldn't be there. He's failed repeatedly to avoid the league shutting down. And I've no doubt we'll lose part of another season when the current CBA expires.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
I don’t want to read his name every time I come to the Leafs board, can we PLEASE close this or move it?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wonder if he gets booed during his induction ceremony.

Sad nonetheless, but hardly surprising...like Trump giving himself a Nobel Peace Prize.

Bettman and the NHL have no control on who gets inducted. Bettman is in because he was voted in, just like everyone else in history.

Reactions: leuf and smitty10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad