Value of: Garrett Sparks/Calvin Pickard to Calgary

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No.

We don't need another young goalie that has proved nothing at the NHL level in sparks.

And Pickard is akin to a flaming bag of shit left on ones doorstep, someone else can have him when he is on waivers again this year.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
No.

We don't need another young goalie that has proved nothing at the NHL level in sparks.

And Pickard is akin to a flaming bag of **** left on ones doorstep, someone else can have him when he is on waivers again this year.

It's posts like this where I hope Pickard not only gets traded for by the Flames, but he ends up being the star goalie so Walk with Elias has to live with the guilt for the rest of his life when watching his favourite team. He'll basically be on deatch watch lol. It'll never happen, but god I hope it does. Everyone bookmark this thread just in case. Fingers crossed, 10 hail mary's.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's posts like this where I hope Pickard not only gets traded for by the Flames, but he ends up being the star goalie so Walk with Elias has to live with the guilt for the rest of his life when watching his favourite team. He'll basically be on deatch watch lol. It'll never happen, but god I hope it does. Everyone bookmark this thread just in case. Fingers crossed, 10 hail mary's.
This has to be one of the most stupid and bizarre things I have ever read on HF. Why would I (or anyone else, for that matter) feel guilty for being wrong about how good a hockey player will be? I've been wrong plenty of times in my life and I will be wrong plenty more and yet I've never felt an ounce of guilt. If he were to be traded to the Flames, I would cheer for him like any other Flame and if he were to surprise me, I'd be ecstatic.

That said, every time I have seen Pickard play, he's looked absolutely terrible. He's statistically trending the wrong way and just cleared waivers this past season, only to be traded to a team where he was their AHL backup, which caused him to see less ice-time in order to work out the issues with his game, thus losing valuable developmental time. Pickard has given zero reason for me to think that he would be any better than Rittich as the Flames backup, as prior to Smith's injury, before he was thrust into a role he was clearly not ready for, Rittich looked very good and had the numbers to back it up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad