Garrett Klotz

GBG BLEED BLUE

Jun 8, 2005
Saskatoon,Sask
www.whlfans.ca
He was drafted by the Philidelphia Flyers in the 3rd round(66th Overall) I watched him all season,he was not even ranked for the draft. I do not know what the Flyers were thinking?? I think he would have been available in the 6th or 7th round. I know that the Flyers like to draft bigger players and he is exactly that(6'6 235lbs) A project pick for sure. I am very curious to see how this will effect him next season when he plays with the Saskatoon Blades again.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This pick kind of made my jaw drop, too. He's a guy I thought *might* get selected in the last two rounds given his size and the 'Duck factor' from this year's playoffs, but #66 is ridiculous.

It's about where Matt Kassian went, but Kassian is an absolutely fearsome fighter who seems a sure bet to be an NHL heavyweight. And has more skill. Klotz is an OK fighter, but not close to being in the same class as Kassian.

He's a pretty decent skater (good enough that differentiating 6'5" #19 Klotz and 6'4" #18 Gillies would sometimes trip me up for a few seconds) but no skill whatsoever.

Hard pick to justify given some of the talent still on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad