Value of: Garret Sparks

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Here’s some logic for you. Where is Mike Fountain today? And what was his NHL career like? Laughable indeed. What’s laughable is Sparks having tangible NHL trade value.
your best comparison is a dude who had about a .885 sv% in the AHL?

bad take

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Dubois

If Kotkaniemi can top 20g/48pts in his draft + 2 ill change my vote

considering gallagher is the only player on the roster to get 21g+ or 47pts+ im not holding my breath

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Leafs third goalie, but has some NHL potential, but not in Toronto.

Any teams needing a young goalie with potential?

Sparks is trash, watch his movement, if you're in the NHL in your mid 20s and you move like that, there is NO chance you're ever going to fix it.

He is far too sloppy, slow and sluggish for the NHL, he will get absolutely lit.

So is Sparks a young goalie with potential or is he trash, in his mid-20s, sloppy, slow, sluggish, and with NO chance to ever fix it?

Sales is not your strong suit.

As for the OP's question, Sparks won't have NHL trade value until/unless he sees significant NHL time as a backup, not before that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site

bad take

You missed the point being that, like Sparks' INCREDIBLE feat, Fountain recorded a shutout in his first NHL game.

It means nothing and is more a fun fact than indicative of a goalie's capabilities as an NHL goalie or his future in the league.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I wouldn't mind the Canucks claiming Pickard and Sparks off waivers, send Nilsson down. Roll 3 goalies for a bit, see I one grabs the opportunity.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Have I watched him play for 90 minutes? Yes. I’ve also watched him play for several full seasons.
How many seasons in the NHL?

bad take
Try having some situational awareness. For reference KILLger (^^) gets it. Also Fountain’s career SV% in the NHL was 0.880, Sparks’ current career SV% in the NHL is 0.893. I’d say, based on what little we have to go on, these two goalies might be a lot more similar than you’d have us believe.

TAKE That.

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
How many seasons in the NHL?

Try having some situational awareness. For reference KILLger (^^) gets it. Also Fountain’s career SV% in the NHL was 0.880, Sparks’ current career SV% in the NHL is 0.893. I’d say, based on what little we have to go on, these two goalies might be a lot more similar than you’d have us believe.

TAKE That.

Did you just brag about your comparison being based on a small sample size...?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Did you just brag about your comparison being based on a small sample size...?
What exactly would you say about someone making a claim about Sparks’ ability based on having a shutout in his NHL debut? If you’re going to assail my argument or even individual tenets thereof, at least educate yourself about the context of those points of contention.

Also when that small sample size is literally the only sample size we have against the most relevant competition, yeah, I’d say it should be weighted appropriately. If you think that’s bragging, well, good on you I guess. It’s not bragging, it’s making a conclusion about the evidence at hand. Neither You, nor I, nor anyone else has the ability to change what the current evidence is. By any reasonable account that evidence provides little faith that Sparks future at the highest levels holds dramatic promise over his mediocre present.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Is Sparks NHL caliber though? Lots of guys can find success in the AHL but can never translate it from each position.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Sparks is a good AHL goalie behind a stacked and deep team. that does not make him an NHL goalie. Hes not worth much, maybe a low draft pick or a career minor leaguer....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad