Garret Sparks

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Ive read this a few places and I doubt it and hope it's not true. Dubas should be playing the best player for the position period.
I agree that Dubas will know the Marlies players well and how good they are, but I don't want him playing them just because of closeness or fondness.

I don’t think he’ll be playing them due to fondness, rather he knows them/their playing style better.

Reactions: saltming

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
thing is, the chances that McElhinney comes anywhere near repeating what he did this year are pretty dang slim. He could just as easily be unplayably bad next year.

other teams know this aswell and with goalies like Hutchinson/Halak/Lehtonen/ward/Bernier/Johnson/Khudobin and probably Lehner when he's not qualified all available in the UFA market for cheap, why would a team pay anything for McB?

One of Sparks or Pickard gets to be the AHL starter, and we should try to trade the other.

why would you trade Sparks or Pickard? they both will need to be placed on waivers to play for the Marlies what if you moved 1 for a 6th round pick at best probably and then lost the other to waivers? then the Marlies wouldn't have a quality starter. seem like a waste to move 1. doubt both would get picked off waivers.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
other teams know this aswell and with goalies like Hutchinson/Halak/Lehtonen/ward/Bernier/Johnson/Khudobin and probably Lehner when he's not qualified all available in the UFA market for cheap, why would a team pay anything for McB?

why would you trade Sparks or Pickard? they both will need to be placed on waivers to play for the Marlies what if you moved 1 for a 6th round pick at best probably and then lost the other to waivers? then the Marlies wouldn't have a quality starter. seem like a waste to move 1. doubt both would get picked off waivers.

Ya, this isn't wrong. The team could just pick their backup out of the three and waive the other 2 for the AHL. I agree none of them are worth much in a trade, and any of them could be claimed on waivers.

But remember that any team making a claim would have to keep them on their NHL roster or waive them again to get them into the minors. So a team that snags them from us would have to be in need of an NHL backup, and think Sparks or Pickard is their guy.

If a player clears, then they can go up and down between leagues freely for a while (a month?). That's how we got Pickard in the AHL right away, because he had cleared waivers just a little earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad