Garnett Exelby/Mike Ribeiro Available?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Rumours out of Florida suggest that now that the Panthers season is finished, GM Otten has started exploring some trade options to try and improve the team for next year.

The biggest rumour out of Florida has Otten looking to move young bone crushing defenseman Garnett Exelby. The Panthers are going into next season with 9 capable defenseman and hope to deal Exelby for a similarily aged player upfront. And even though clubs currently in the playoffs can't complete trades until eliminated, Otten just wanted to get the word out there and test the market.

Another rumour has the Panthers exploring the option of trading Mike Ribeiro. In return Florida might look to packaging Riberio with others for an upgrade at the center position, or perhaps as part of a deal to pick up a first rounder in the early to mid 20's in this years draft where its said the Panthers have one specific player they are targetting.

As usual, the Panthers office can be reached via [email protected]

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Rumours out of Florida suggest that an Exelby trade could be announced within the next few days.

In the meantime, the Panthers are still exploring the option of trading centerman Mike Ribeiro.

HFNHL Red Wings

Ummm ... trade announced during the next few days? The trade freeze remains in effect until draft day.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Brock said:
Ah I thought that teams out of the playoffs could make trades. Remember reading that somewhere.

Fair enough then.

Teams who are not in the playoffs are eligible to trade (unless Rich says otherwise). Gives those folks somethign to do aside form scouting.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Actually, that is kind of up to Matt.

I only want people sending me trades if they are official once they are sent in. If people can still back out until the freeze is lifted, I don't want them. It is too much to keep track of if a team can pull out and 7 other trades that were dependant upon it are undone.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
kasper11 said:
Actually, that is kind of up to Matt.

I only want people sending me trades if they are official once they are sent in. If people can still back out until the freeze is lifted, I don't want them. It is too much to keep track of if a team can pull out and 7 other trades that were dependant upon it are undone.

No arguments there - I had understood that trades were official so long as the teams were not in teh playoffs, but I can see how that might be a problem updating the roster file. Matt?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad