Recalled/Assigned: Garnet Hathaway Recalled

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not an overly fantastic one but yeah. He played top six minutes and had two seasons at 50+ point pace. Might be splitting hairs, but middle six for most of his career would be how I would phrase it.

That’s how I would describe him. He was used as a top line centre on some repugnant teams; so he’s got that going for him.

Prime Stajan is the clearest definition of a middle 6 centre. Maybe not the best 2C in the world, but could fill the void if you needed one.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Top six is a real stretch. For the majority of his career he was a high-end third liner or a low-end second liner.

Poor man's Stajan would be, what, Manny Malhotra?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't say that Stajan was NOT a top 6 C, because I think he was. But he played with Sudin and Iginla for some of his prime years so that influenced his point totals. However to his credit, his play allowed him to play with those guys.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I wouldn't say that Stajan was NOT a top 6 C, because I think he was. But he played with Sudin and Iginla for some of his prime years so that influenced his point totals. However to his credit, his play allowed him to play with those guys.

For sure. I just feel like middle six describes him better than top six.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Top six is a real stretch. For the majority of his career he was a high-end third liner or a low-end second liner.

Poor man's Stajan would be, what, Manny Malhotra?

I was thinking more along the lines of Stephane Yelle. Solid defensive game, good on the faceoffs, more of a playmaker.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Stajan must be a real "good guy" because he manages to fool people into thinking he is a solid player

To me he has always been overpaid and overrated...his contribution to the Flames has been really underwhelming for what they paid for him in term of both money and assets

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
That’s how I would describe him. He was used as a top line centre on some repugnant teams; so he’s got that going for him.

Prime Stajan is the clearest definition of a middle 6 centre. Maybe not the best 2C in the world, but could fill the void if you needed one.

As Burke said in ~2014, if Stajan becomes your 3C, you are in a desireable spot.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
A poor man's Stajan is a very poor man indeed
With Stajan peaking as a low end 2nd liner, I'd say it's not bad. Plus, the only thing Lazar has on Stajan is speed. His puck skills and situational awareness are both significantly worse. Watching Lazar in transition and the offensive zone is like a horrifying combination of the less desirable traits of Matt Lombardi and Cory Sarich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad