Confirmed with Link: Garnet Hathaway, 4-years, 1.500m AAV

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
See, I thought it was very evident that the Caps ran out of gas. I don't think they folded. They put everything into the first period and a half of game 7 and just had nothing left. Probably a combination of the long playoff run last year and losing Oshie + Kempny.

This x 1000. The Caps were tuckered out. I’d even argue that their last stand was the TB regular season games. They devastated the Lightning, but I think they collectively realized “This is what it takes, and I don’t have the the juice for two more months of it.”

Well...everyone except Ovie, but he’s a breed apart.

Reactions: calicapsfan

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

I’m not going to post all the videos, just YouTube Hathaway. He seems to be a low key instigator and targets/fights key players on the opposing team, for example there’s byfuglien, burns, mcquaid, etc.

Maybe not the greatest fighter but that’s ok, he looks to get under their skin.

Garnett hath a way of getting under the other team's skin? Excellent! More players of that ilk, please.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Caps stopped bringing the pain after the Ovi fight = Folded

Ovi game 7 = out of gas because Todd shortened his bench. Otherwise, no NHL team is out of gas in the first round.

We ended up playing Carolina's game. If we were "tired" it was from watching Carolina skate circles around us.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Besides the long playoff run, don’t forget they stayed drunk all summer partying too, they never rested lol.

They were gassed before the all star break, after the break they looked great. As the season went on they were looking gassed and making dumb plays again, cranked it up again for TBL then went back to shit.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I feel like that knockout was our Stanley Cup II. Losing Oshie was painful, but we only had 2 regulars out of our lineup. Carolina had 3. The yutes should be able to come in and provide an injection of energy.

One thing to add.... I think Todd fumbled BIG TIME how he handled the D, from using Djoos not using Siggy and going double right twig which was basically about the only time I had ever seen it done, when a coach didn't have to do it. I get the sense Holts doesn't do as well with that level of chaos on the backend. Carlson got schooled a few times at LD... Orpik played soft... it was ugly folks.

If Vrana had scored vs hitting the post in 7OT....

Last edited:

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If Tanev fits their top 6 he could very well be a bargain. On paper he's about as much of an ideal complimentary Crosby winger as there is in the league now that Kunitz and Dupuis have retired. Does everything you want without the puck and is perfectly comfortable never having on his stick unless he's chipping it to someone else or shooting/deflecting point blank, and we know Crosby starts to spazz if anyone else on his line is making complex puck decisions. If Pens found another 50 point Dupuis like winger that Crosby perfectly clicks with that's suddenly a great contract and the 6 year term in a 80-100 mil cap is an asset.

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Interesting to see Pens posters talking about Hags offensive game going off a cliff, and that Hags seems to have a very inflated value in Pitt circles.

I am still skeptical of that Hagelin signing but I'll wager it was because Stephenson vanished.

Reactions: Futures Passed

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
If Tanev fits their top 6 he could very well be a bargain. On paper he's about as much of an ideal complimentary Crosby winger as there is in the league now that Kunitz and Dupuis have retired. Does everything you want without the puck and is perfectly comfortable never having on his stick unless he's chipping it to someone else or shooting/deflecting point blank, and we know Crosby starts to spazz if anyone else on his line is making complex puck decisions. If Pens found another 50 point Dupuis like winger that Crosby perfectly clicks with that's suddenly a great contract and the 6 year term in a 80-100 mil cap is an asset.

The problem is Tanev is terrible with the puck and he doesn't shoot well. Every year in the league his possession numbers are a black hole.

If the plan was to put Tanev in the Top 6, the plan was massively flawed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->