Confirmed with Link: Garnet Hathaway, 4-years, 1.500m AAV

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
tenor.gif

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I would like this more if his skill set didn’t overlap so heavily with the forward prospects they do have (Malenstyn, Sutter). Hard for me to imagine him finishing his 4 year term as a Capital, but this contract should be easy enough to move when they have to.

Alternatively, if he was good at faceoffs.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
People fretting about the term aren't considering that the cap is absolute dog shit this year, but by the end of these 4 year deals the cap will be more generous and if need be these contracts will be super easy to move.

It's brilliant GMing, take a longer term to keep cost down with the idea in mind that you have A). an expansion draft next summer and B). the cost will be even more affordable towards the end to the term because the cap will go up.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Still this much ado about nothing is being made out of Stephenson. He'll be a cheap 13th F and he has NHL experience, he has warts, but that's also literally why he's a 4th liner. Stephenson is an excellent depth forward to have on the roster.

People trying to pencil prospects in who haven't even produced at the AHL level over a guy who was in the lineup for a Stanley Cup run, maybe slow that roll.

Reactions: HecticGlow

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
After seeing what Tanev got people should chill with the "four year term" stuff. :laugh:

I would love to know who the Penguins were competing with for him.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
I would like this more if his skill set didn’t overlap so heavily with the forward prospects they do have (Malenstyn, Sutter). Hard for me to imagine him finishing his 4 year term as a Capital, but this contract should be easy enough to move when they have to.

Alternatively, if he was good at faceoffs.

This guy is a goner in two years. His AVV is nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->