Gardiner or Teubert

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
Teubert AINEC /trolling

In all seriousness though, I'd take Gardiner, very intriguing skill-set. I feel like there's just so many Colten Teubert's out there.

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
In Tambellini's (sp?) presser a reporter asked about Teubert's struggles, refering to him being a healthy scratch.

Was the scratch only recent because of the impending trade or has it been a consistent trend for the season?

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
Different skill sets, I prefer Teubert a little over Plante, and I love Plante more than Gardiner so Teubert.

mcphllp

Dion @ 6.5=Discount
Dec 27, 2008
Different skill sets, I prefer Teubert a little over Plante, and I love Plante more than Gardiner so Teubert.

I was never impressed by Plante when he was with the Hitmen. Couldnt get over the fact that he was a 1st rounder.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Gardiner has a much higher cieling. The realistic upside for Teubert is problably a Keith Aulie / Hal Gill type defender, and those guys really aren't that difficult to find. Gardiner may not have the tools (brain) to become a successful NHLer, but if he does, it'll be a better NHLer than Teubert.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Teubert looks to be the superior defensive player, Gardiner is more of a two-way puck mover.

Kagunoshi

Jul 23, 2009
Toronto
I think Jake Gardiner if he pans out for the leafs he'll be something special plus. He is a two way puckmover most probably second PP unit and first PK or second PK unit he can also defend pretty well. Teubert is a very good player too can be a replacement PP guy and a first PK d man

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Gardiner has a much higher cieling. The realistic upside for Teubert is problably a Keith Aulie / Hal Gill type defender, and those guys really aren't that difficult to find. Gardiner may not have the tools (brain) to become a successful NHLer, but if he does, it'll be a better NHLer than Teubert.

Ehhh, I think Teubert has a little more upside than those but that's the player he seems to be, probably closer to Aulie though.

Teubert looks to be the superior defensive player, Gardiner is more of a two-way puck mover.

I guess it comes to which player your team needs. Leafs do not need another defensive defensemen so Gardiner is clearly who the Leafs would take. Oilers might like Teubert toughness and value his defense more.

I think Gardiner has higher upside though.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Gardiner by his own coaches word doesn't have any real offensive upside at the offensive level. He moves really well but the hockeysense is supposedly not all there. And obviously now that Teubert is an oiler he's the next Scott Stevens.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Both very different defensemen but I think Gardiner has a higher ceiling. I'm very happy we got Teubert, hes exactly the type of prospect we needed.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Wow, really? I'd like to hear the reasonings on Teubert. For me it's Gardiner and it's not even close for me personally, the higher ceiling in both offensive upside, more of a project but an impact player if developed to that high ceiling potential. For me, you can find a lot of Teuberts, but not the skill set of Gardy.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
not a fan of teuberts game, overrated in the world juniors and imo taken in the draft too high, i personally dont think he will be an effective nhler, gardiner has the better tools but will be interesting to see if he can put it all together at the pro level

imo if they both make the nhl :

teubert = physical stay at home # 5/6 dman (dime a dozen)
gardiner = versitile two way #4 dman (still not a top end guy but much more valuable)

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
Gardiner has more tools to translate better to the way the NHL is now, does not mean this guarantees him better success, but I would rate him higher because of his natural talent.

arsmaster*

not a fan of teuberts game, overrated in the world juniors and imo taken in the draft too high, i personally dont think he will be an effective nhler, gardiner has the better tools but will be interesting to see if he can put it all together at the pro level

imo if they both make the nhl :

teubert = physical stay at home # 5/6 dman (dime a dozen)
gardiner = versitile two way #4 dman (still not a top end guy but much more valuable)

Teubert = Nick Schultz, Matt Greene, Douglas Murray, etc

Gardiner = Jordan Leopold, Jaroslav Spacek,

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Gardiner by his own coaches word doesn't have any real offensive upside at the offensive level. He moves really well but the hockeysense is supposedly not all there. And obviously now that Teubert is an oiler he's the next Scott Stevens.
It seems like Teubert has gone from being a physical Dman with top 4 potential to a bust over night.

No offense to Kings fans but I think both Oilers and Ducks fans would tell you that Visnovsky is WAY better than you made him seem. You would have thought Visnovsky was MA Bergeron when he was leaving LA. So I take their opinion with a grain of salt.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
i think gardiners skill is harder to come by, and i agree tuebert is similar to keith aulie, however, i think keith aulie will be better. Gardiner imo is a 2-4 guy who can move the puck while tuebert (dont know much but via tsn) is around a 3-5 guy (projected both) so... but imo Keith Aulie will be better than tuebert will ever be, but thats a leaf fans opinion, however, i am very high on tuebert and suggested him in many trades to the leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad