Gap between shoulder pads and pants.

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Hello,

Im going to be playing a bit of rec hockey here in England and want to know what is an acceptable gap between the shoulder pads chest protection and the top of my pants. At the moment my shoulder pads go no lower than about 3-4 inches above my belly button so have some stomach unprotected. Is this common?

Any info appreciated. :handclap:

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
It's pretty much a matter of personal preference. What you have is fine for some, too much for others. Some guys don't even wear a chest protector in rec leagues. If you're new to the game, what you have will work. If you're playing in a rec league that's beginners, rough stuff and slap shots are usually not allowed, you should be Ok.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
You should be fine with what you have. If you are really worried about it you can find rib pads to get full coverage.

Mcdawid

Jul 24, 2006
It's all personal preference.
Try it and see if you like it.
Sometimes having the bottom of the shoulder pads hitting the top of the pants can be restricting. Also make sure you have your pants pulled up high enough. Protect the kidneys. Also it'll bridge the gap.
If you're still not satisfied, buy shoulder pads with a belly pad under them. That should be sufficient.
But definetly try what you have first.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I usually opt against shoulders, but the pairs I do own are extremely small and probably come 6 inches above my belly button.

Don't listen to me though, I'm an idiot and I've gotten hit in the chest and back with slappers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad