Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Would you like to tell us how much money you've spent so far?

Didn't see this until now.

Looking to buy a new wheel, maybe Thrustmaster T700 GT
thrustmaster-t700-gt-competition-rattiohjain.jpg

Which is around 700€.

So far, maybe 200€ on iRacing cars, tracks, license. Looking at an ultrawide 49" monitor, that's 1000€, buying it in April.

All in all, in couple of months I'm going to be a cool 2000€ in. Depends which tracks I need to buy next season, the updated Silverstone should be around the corner....

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
All on PC. Fortnite and Apex Legends the most, followed by Anthem and BFV.

Called it quits with WoW last week after 14 years because the game is bad now. Acti-blizz suck.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I've got Apex: Legends and Anthem (10 hour demo) downloaded and ready to play whenever I find the time. I was reading reddit today and a thread mentioned FFIX and now I have the itch in the back of my head to play that as well on my PS4. That on top of my backlog of Spiderman DLC, RDR2, Horizon: Zero Dawn....

I wish I had this selection back when I was younger and had all the time in the world.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I got about a half hour into Metro Exodus. I ended up pre-ordering it on Steam when it was announced it's going to the Epic store. I was planning on getting a 2080Ti shortly after the purchase and was really hyped for it since I love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro series (same dev team.) The game is absolutely gorgeous. I'm still in the point where they're setting up the story before they get into too much game play but I'm liking the game play from what little I've had. The gun play feels solid and one well placed shot can kill these early mutants. I always hated shooters that made enemies sponge-y just in an attempt to make it hard. I'm even playing on hard difficulty (not the hardest, but the step down from there.)

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Bought Hearts of Iron 4 last Sunday; first time I've truly been addicted to a video game in, honestly, 5 years. I have about 25 hours in so far, and I'm finally starting to understand how to play (5th restart). Last night I finally conceptually understood battleplans & division templates, I read about them but it clicked. Now I feel ready to take over the world.

It has opened my world on Paradox games.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I picked up a month's subscription to Origin Access Premier to play Anthem. Now that I'm done with that game, I've been picking up and trying out random indies included in the subscription.

Unravel Two - Excellent co-op puzzle platformer. A little short, but gorgeous and lots of fun to play with the wife. We laughed so hard we cried at certain spots, although I'm not sure that was the intent of the game....

This is the Police II - I was mixed on the first one, and that mixed attitude continues with the sequel. The management, while somewhat basic, is interesting and the XCOM-style combat is decent, but the dialogue goes on way too long and the main character is just really unlikeable, IMO.

The Sexy Brutale - Weird name for a weird game, but also a great little puzzle game with an interesting groundhog day style time mechanic.

Dead in Vinland - It seems like a pretty basic survival/management game with a turn-based combat system, but it's an interesting premise. Not sure what to think of this one. I'll need to keep playing.

Beholder 2 - I rather enjoyed the original. This one seems to lack some of the (albeit dark) charm of the first, but it's intriguing.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm not playing it because I don't have that Switch service, but this Tetris 99 phenomenon is really cool, IMO. The mechanics feel right/well considered, it was pulled off tastefully, it doesn't really compromise Tetris in any new way (although I hate how it's turned into a game of T-spins and holds still feels like it defeats the purpose somewhat), it seems to perfectly distill that raw competitiveness of Tetris, and it's just a really clever, unorthodox/silly Nintendo move that works and turned out to be brilliant marketing. I hated the whole Battle Royale fad, but I hope they do it more in this format/platform but with other similarly simple/appropriate games.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
About 10 hours into KH III.

Ehhh.... I like it better than II. That is for sure. All this stuff they added with the gummi phone is just a ridiculous mess. Idk. I feel like I am at the point where I am either going to love this game or hate this game. There won't be a middle. I will say that I absolutely loved Toy Story world. Probably the most fun I have ever had in a single KH world. Going to get this finished up and then I can clear out the remaining few games in my back log: South Park: The Fracture But Whole, Final Fantasy Type O, The Order 1886 (halfway done), and finally finish SO4. I have Horizon Zero Dawn but man I just can't get into it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Started playing Metro Exodus, it's everything I ever wanted! It's pretty much S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. The openness, weapons, enemies, anomolies, atmosphere, etc, everything feels great. I'm even seeing a lot of references such as having to find an acoustic guitar for your first side quest, first time I remember them mentioning "stalkers" in the Metro series and even the classic phrase "good hunting" from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.

Also started playing Spelunky. I bought it years ago and played it for like a half hour to never play it again until this past weekend. I'm loving it, can't believe I never gave it a second chance. I only reached the jungle once so far. I just need to slow down but I try to rush to collect everything before the ghost appears and end up falling into obvious traps as a result.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Didn't see this until now.

Looking to buy a new wheel, maybe Thrustmaster T700 GT
thrustmaster-t700-gt-competition-rattiohjain.jpg

Which is around 700€.

So far, maybe 200€ on iRacing cars, tracks, license. Looking at an ultrawide 49" monitor, that's 1000€, buying it in April.

All in all, in couple of months I'm going to be a cool 2000€ in. Depends which tracks I need to buy next season, the updated Silverstone should be around the corner....
Are you any good?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Replayed The Last of Us, the remastered version (in anticipation of the sequel), and I have to say that this game is so great it almost ruins gaming for me. After finishing it I had a hard time playing anything else for a while, because it felt so hollow compared to this.

Compelling characters, great visuals, absorbing gameplay. I want more.

What makes me particularly excited about the sequel, based on the gameplay trailer, is the potential for improved stealth capabilities. Naughty Dog has incorporated some aspects from Unchated 4, including the ability to hide in tall grass and bushes which I really loved. So I'm expecting to have a blast.

Most sequels disappoint though. Gosh, the opening segment of the TLOU is just unbeatable. Can't recreate that feeling, although I bet they will do something special.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I just started Skate. (PS3). I suck. But it's also my first skateboarding game so it's gonna take some time.

Also bought SSX for the PS3, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 and SSX 3 on Gamecube, and gonna grab Dave Mirra 2 Freestyle BMX on Gamecube. I feel that these games have tremendous replay value (or chill out and casually pick up value would be more accurate).

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Currently working on a couple games right now. Just got Lets go Pikachu for my birthday so I'm in nostalgia overload. I'm not almost done with Breath of the Wild, but I have defeated the 4 divine beasts and just grinding up the shrines. About a 1/3 of the way through Read Dead Redemption 2. And I still play FIFA 19 career mode at night as my chill game.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Pokemon Puzzle League - 2.0 (Positive)
It's exactly like Tetris Attack (which is mechanically perfect and brilliant), but with a gross visual aesthetic, less charm, and more obnoxious rather than infectious music/sound design. Still, hard to hate anything with those mechanics, and it plays well.

Puyo Puyo Tetris - 1.0 (Negative)
Was looking for a modern Tetris Effect/Tetris 99 substitute on PC, played this and found it very off-putting. Did not enjoy the mechanics of Puyo Puyo at all, the Chibi art style is gross and an immediate turn-off, and the method required to be competitive at regular Tetris feels antithetical to the purpose of the original game to me. Refunded almost immediately. Completely inferior to Gameboy Tetris.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pokemon Puzzle League - 2.0 (Positive)
It's exactly like Tetris Attack (which is mechanically perfect and brilliant), but with a gross visual aesthetic, less charm, and more obnoxious rather than infectious music/sound design. Still, hard to hate anything with those mechanics, and it plays well.

Yesssss! I still have this game.

I was so good at this game back in the day, but I haven't played in so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad