Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The Long Dark

I’ve made mistakes left and right. So easy to get disorientated in the game. Set out on a slightly different path from my cabin before dawn as a shortcut to save daylight time, ended up gettting lost and spotting a new building after a couple hours, only to realize I’d circled back on myself to my original cabin.

Next tried to beat nightfall to get back to my cabin after a long mission, but everything went complete fog and I couldn’t see 10 feet in front of me during daylight.. Wandered for a couple hours and finally started a fire to bed down for the night. In the morning found out I camped 100 yards away from my cabin, never saw it.

Don’t ask me about the time I fell through the ice on a lake and barely survived.

P.S. I am absolutely loving the game.

It's insidiously calm.

I can't quite place why, but I love that game.

Reactions: mouser

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
im playing Prey as well...i found it super challenging at first but getting better now i have upgraded my weapons and combat focus...loading times in new areas getting on my nerves a bit...loved, loved Doom..smooth and action packed...you will love it in contrast to Prey

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Who was it who played Binary Domain on here a while ago? I've started it and it's a 3PS where you can't see your guy's feet and it's really distracting.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Who was it who played Binary Domain on here a while ago? I've started it and it's a 3PS where you can't see your guy's feet and it's really distracting.
I played through it years ago. I'm not really a fan of 3rd person shooters but it didn't bother me too much in this game. The story was what really kept me going. I don't even remember it that well, I just remember really liking the story going through it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I played through it years ago. I'm not really a fan of 3rd person shooters but it didn't bother me too much in this game. The story was what really kept me going. I don't even remember it that well, I just remember really liking the story going through it.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
im playing Prey as well...i found it super challenging at first but getting better now i have upgraded my weapons and combat focus...loading times in new areas getting on my nerves a bit...loved, loved Doom..smooth and action packed...you will love it in contrast to Prey
Same, the Dishonored games were like that for me too. Once you get some tools and powers to help your play style you can start messing stuff up.
Subnautica.
Beautiful and incredibly scary.
I tried playing it in VR, but had some pretty rough performance. I need to give it another shot after some optimization .

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Subnautica was incredible. It was so satisfying in every way that No Man's Sky was disappointing. As cool as having a vast sandbox galaxy of procedurally generated planets sounds, it can, surprisingly, be more fun and interesting to have a relatively tiny map of 20 square kilometers that's just chock full of carefully crafted areas that you can move between in minutes. You might think that you'd get bored, but I never did. If you've ever loved the submarine ride at Disneyland/world or enjoyed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, you need to play Subnautica. I can't recommend it enough. I agree with mouser that we need more games like that. I hope that we get a sequel eventually.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Yakuza 0 is fun on PC although it can get agitatingly difficult if you don't know the fighting mechanism. Struggling with the ending to Chapter 1.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Assassin's Creed Origins:

I like trying to make the hippos and crocs fight each other, but fighting people is repetitive and not super interesting so I turned the difficulty down.

The history mode is cool, wish I could have bought it as a $10 standalone.

Story is OK.

Still hate all the stuff that's in the present, even if it's toned down a lot. I just wanna be an assassin boy, not take a nap in a lunchbox.

I think I saw a boob when I met Cleopatra.

10/10

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Street Fighter Collection. Mostly on the couch with friends. Haven't really dipped my toe into the online play, because I know I'm badly out of practice and it's ****ing murder out there, especially for 3rd Strike (my favorite of the bunch).

Loving it though. As a collection it's kind of meh, I think they could have done more. But the games themselves still hold up wonderfully. Forgot how good SFAlpha 2 felt. Alpha 3 is great too, but I wish they put the home version in there with the awesome world tour mode.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Street Fighter Collection. Mostly on the couch with friends. Haven't really dipped my toe into the online play, because I know I'm badly out of practice and it's ****ing murder out there, especially for 3rd Strike (my favorite of the bunch).

Loving it though. As a collection it's kind of meh, I think they could have done more. But the games themselves still hold up wonderfully. Forgot how good SFAlpha 2 felt. Alpha 3 is great too, but I wish they put the home version in there with the awesome world tour mode.

I really wish they'd make Capcom vs. SNK 2 online again.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I've been playing Templar Battleforce on my android tablet. It's also on steam, so it counts. It's crazy to have a fully featured game on Android.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Street Fighter from 91-99 have aged absolutely beautifully and hold up so well. The final version of all of those games are stronger than Street Fighter IV or V, IMO.

I'm still a little hesitant to pick up the collection due to the reviews, though.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I've been playing GTA: Vice City on PS4 lately. Blast of nostalgia and first time replaying this in yearrrrs! This game is awesome, can't wait to pick up San Andreas after this <3

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Picked up a switch for Smash and finally got a chance to dig into Breath of the Wild. Only a few hours in but my god it's amazing. They managed to mash the old school, actually fully open world style from the top down games with the combat from the modern 3D games.

That being said, is there somewhere i can find a sword that isn't two handed and doesn't evaporate within two hits? :laugh: Like just a run of the mill, simple sword.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
playing Dark Souls 3 + DLC.

it was a Dark Souls summer for me. started with Dark Souls Remastered, then played Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin ... and now Dark Souls 3.

it's been good. love the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad