Games you are currently playing: ROUND SIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
On ps4 playing through Uncharted 4 again love this series

I played through 1-3 for the first time earlier this year. I was making a lot of trips out to Buffalo to visit my dad in the hospital, then for his funeral, so the series was a nice distraction. Just started 4 recently. Not very far into the game yet, so no spoilers please. :p

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
I played through 1-3 for the first time earlier this year. I was making a lot of trips out to Buffalo to visit my dad in the hospital, then for his funeral, so the series was a nice distraction. Just started 4 recently. Not very far into the game yet, so no spoilers please. :p
Everyone dies Sully snaps and murders everyone.

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
Hmm. I was expecting a 25 minute closing credits scene with Chloe and Elena making out on Nate's gravestone, but I can get behind the idea of Sully being the sole survivor.
Sully and Elena for Uncharted 5. What's your favorite in the series for me it's part 2 just incredible have replayed it countless times.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Sully and Elena for Uncharted 5. What's your favorite in the series for me it's part 2 just incredible have replayed it countless times.

Wow. That’s a tough one. I think 2 as well for the gameplay, but the first story for me was so good, and the setting was perfect. Though 2 had the awesome train stuff, and the ending chapters were legit gorgeous.

My biggest issue with the series in general and the first game in particular is how many human enemies there are. Big deserted island, lost for centuries, here’s 500 enemies for you. I want a game with maybe 8 human enemies and exploring/puzzles. Make the enemy battles super realistic. If I get shot twice, I’m done. If I can go John McClain and take them out one at a time, awesome. The flora and fauna can be enemies, but too many people.

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
Wow. That’s a tough one. I think 2 as well for the gameplay, but the first story for me was so good, and the setting was perfect. Though 2 had the awesome train stuff, and the ending chapters were legit gorgeous.

My biggest issue with the series in general and the first game in particular is how many human enemies there are. Big deserted island, lost for centuries, here’s 500 enemies for you. I want a game with maybe 8 human enemies and exploring/puzzles. Make the enemy battles super realistic. If I get shot twice, I’m done. If I can go John McClain and take them out one at a time, awesome. The flora and fauna can be enemies, but too many people.
I hear you on the amount of enemies part the first one was ridiculous every 10 feet 50 more guys to shoot.
When your done with part 4 check out Uncharted the lost legacy another amazing game.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Prey is so underrated. Get it for cheap and play if for 30 hours. Enjoy it, because I did.
This. I was so pleasantly surprised by Prey. One of my absolute favorite releases last year.

Been playing a lot of Conan: Exiles. I never really enjoyed any of the "survival" type games, but I'm really digging this so far. Really janky, but having fun with it.

Also playing Moonlighter quite a bit. Those two are mostly dominating my time, but I'm squeezing some Ni No Kuni II and BattleChasers in there as well.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I've been playing Celeste and it's pretty damn fantastic-- Tight controls, perfectly realized/designed/balanced/paced levels, beautiful sprite-work with nice crunchy pixels, thematically commendable in a way that is consistent with the gameplay (although I like the gameplay a fair bit more than the storytelling, which has a very indie sense of humor). It's challenging but totally approachable, quick, addictive, and designed so that progression and completion feels inevitable.

Something comparable in approach like Super Meat Boy totally pales in comparison, IMO.

The only thing I'm wishy washy about is the look of the UI and the between-game-play non-sprite-based art.

I always have this attitude where I kind of actively dislike the direction that games are going in and the aesthetic that they tend to have, but this is wonderful, and will probably end up one of my favorites, post-2000-- More like this, please.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Also playing Moonlighter quite a bit. Those two are mostly dominating my time, but I'm squeezing some Ni No Kuni II and BattleChasers in there as well.

How is Moonlighter? It looks really interesting and I was going to get it on Switch but I see it's not coming out for awhile...I've read that the ps4 version is quite buggy though

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
How is Moonlighter? It looks really interesting and I was going to get it on Switch but I see it's not coming out for awhile...I've read that the ps4 version is quite buggy though
I'm playing on PC. I really dig it. The controls are a little stiff sometimes which is a bummer, but it's "roguelike" mechanics are pretty forgiving (you only lose what you have in your active inventory. You can leave the dungeon at any time you choose).

I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do, but I've spent about 14 hours on the game so far. Run the dungeon for loot, sell the loot in your shop. Use customer reactions to set prices. Use gold to buy/upgrade equipment or upgrade your shop. You also use the gold to bring other stores to your town that let you make potions or buy materials.

It's a really cool game. Could use some little quality of life fixes here and there but I picked it up on GMG(?) For $14 and I would have been happy paying full price for the product.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan

I played through it on PS4 with no memorable issues.

It was a decent little game that held my attention until I beat it, but I have no desire to put any more time into it. There is no endgame to speak of. It could have been Stardew Valley-esque, but there is no reason at all to keep playing once you beat it.

It's quite short too. Fun while it lasts though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Currently playing Rainbow Six Siege. SO much R6S.
Also took a shot at No Man's Sky again. Didn't get too far, I upgraded to the PS4 Pro since I last played and lost my save files so I had to start over again which is a bummer.
And still slowly trying to work my way through God of War.

Reactions: 542365

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Ugh. I want to play this but I can't do first person games. Make me dizzy.

That could be a field of view issue. If you play on console, you might be sitting too close to the TV. If so, sit further away, like 10 feet away, since the developers assume that you do and set the FOV for that distance. If you play on PC, you might be sitting too far away (maybe because it's connected to your TV and you're playing on the couch) or the FOV is too low because the developers set it for console gamers (whom they assume sit 10 feet away) and didn't think at all about PC gamers (who typically sit only a few feet away). If it's the latter, search for a way to increase the FOV for each game, which can often be done with a console command, text file tweak or widescreen utility.

Last edited:
Reactions: mouser

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Vermintide 2 is apparently playable again, so I've been playing that. There's some great QOL mods out now too.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The Long Dark

I’ve made mistakes left and right. So easy to get disorientated in the game. Set out on a slightly different path from my cabin before dawn as a shortcut to save daylight time, ended up gettting lost and spotting a new building after a couple hours, only to realize I’d circled back on myself to my original cabin.

Next tried to beat nightfall to get back to my cabin after a long mission, but everything went complete fog and I couldn’t see 10 feet in front of me during daylight.. Wandered for a couple hours and finally started a fire to bed down for the night. In the morning found out I camped 100 yards away from my cabin, never saw it.

Don’t ask me about the time I fell through the ice on a lake and barely survived.

P.S. I am absolutely loving the game.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Currently playing Rainbow Six Siege. SO much R6S.
Also took a shot at No Man's Sky again. Didn't get too far, I upgraded to the PS4 Pro since I last played and lost my save files so I had to start over again which is a bummer.
And still slowly trying to work my way through God of War.

Me too. I've stuck with it though... kind of. It's fun and pretty, but not as rewarding as Elite: Dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->