Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I have it for Switch and originally played through it there. Excited for it come to PS Plus next month, now I can play it again and try and go for a platinum trophy.

I've had it on my wishlist for Switch, waiting for it to go on sale, for forever. Hasn't been on sale since June, 2019, sigh. (I know $15 CAD is already good value given the amount of content and quality of the game, but I'm still cheap lol).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I've had it on my wishlist for Switch, waiting for it to go on sale, for forever. Hasn't been on sale since June, 2019, sigh. (I know $15 CAD is already good value given the amount of content and quality of the game, but I'm still cheap lol).
I waited for a while on it as well. My guess is it goes on sale again in between now and the Christmas Season.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Is it better to play Hollow Knight on the Switch or PS/Xbox?

Controller is most important.

I also really liked the music, so I preferred to have it pumping through my surround sound speakers, since I dont have great ss headphones.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I would recommend whichever one has the better controller in your opinion. It's a fast paced game.

Controller is most important.

I also really liked the music, so I preferred to have it pumping through my surround sound speakers, since I dont have great ss headphones.

I’ve already played it on Xbox. LOVE the game. Wasn’t sure if the joycons are actually the better way to play or not in terms of all the fast jumps, attacks, movements, etc...you need to play

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Came back to Dead Cells with a bricked save due to all the updates since. I feel like that shouldnt be the case, they added like 2 new enemies that I've seen so far (had to delete my save), and all the upgrades and mutations are essentially unchanged.

It's very possible this glitch is exclusive to the disc version of the game, since it plays largely directly off the disc, while digital versions basically reinstall the game after every update.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I’ve already played it on Xbox. LOVE the game. Wasn’t sure if the joycons are actually the better way to play or not in terms of all the fast jumps, attacks, movements, etc...you need to play

I would suggest the Xbox controller is far superior in a fast paced game like that.

I tend to find the joycons are fine for turn based stuff like Pokemon/Fire Emblem, but much more difficult with games that require quick responses. I whip out the Pro controller and the dock for that (to be fair, I love the pro controller).

As a qualifier, I have big lanky hands.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Started Ghost of Tsushima this past weekend and I'm absolutely loving it! Going to take my time with it since I love the setting and overall visuals so much, on top of that the combat is amazing! Story seems solid too!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I recently hacked a wii u (it was really easy), and of all the games I've really been addicted to Ninja Gaiden 3 razors edge. Ironically I actually own this game already on PS3 but the ps3 is just not realistic to use in 2020 for various reasons. I actually played this game when I was younger and never got the grasp of it. I found it so hard that I set it to the easiest difficulty (which autoblocks for you when you reach 25% health and the block is almost unbreakable, so you essentially can't lose). I set it to normal difficulty this time and its pretty easy except for the bosses. Its funny because I'll look up a video guide for a boss and itll obviously be on easy mode (certain moves dont have AoE, attacks do like 10% the damage) so it'll basically be useless.

I really like this game despite people hating it but maaaaaan these bosses are so bad. Gigantasauros especially is every bit as bad as people say. Weirdly, this boss actually has a weakness that I haven't seen any of the guides mention. I guess people hated this game enough not to bother. If you keep hitting the back of its leg (or somewhere, I kept triggering it by accident, I literally died like 98 times to this boss, thankfully load times on wii u are super short), it'll wipe out all its health in the first stage of the fight.

The actual mob fights are a ton of fun though, and thankfully those make up the majority of the game.

Oh I forgot to make this criticism of the game. Basically all of the bosses have a fake health bar. Finisher moves and QTEs take off like half of every bosses health bar. Its really annoying. Its okay to do it once in a while but literally every boss is like that.
Started Ghost of Tsushima this past weekend and I'm absolutely loving it! Going to take my time with it since I love the setting and overall visuals so much, on top of that the combat is amazing! Story seems solid too!
I need to play this game in pro mode so I'm waiting to get my hands on the ps5 before I buy it

Reactions: NinjaKick

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Finished AC: Origins, base game. Good game! However, definitely burned out and don't feel like investing more time in the DLC's for a while. Will come back to it after a bit. Currently playing Sekiro again. Got near the end previously, but didn't finish, now away from my PS4 so had to buy via Steam and start over. Love this game to death.

Will be splitting time with the new Yakuza when that is released in a couple days. Perhaps I'll be a fluent Japanese speaker in a few weeks?!

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Finished AC: Origins, base game. Good game! However, definitely burned out and don't feel like investing more time in the DLC's for a while. Will come back to it after a bit. Currently playing Sekiro again. Got near the end previously, but didn't finish, now away from my PS4 so had to buy via Steam and start over. Love this game to death.

Will be splitting time with the new Yakuza when that is released in a couple days. Perhaps I'll be a fluent Japanese speaker in a few weeks?!

Make sure to check out the DLC with the pharaohs

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Over 200 hours on Deep Rock Galactic, and still loving it just as much as the first hour. New update released last week as well with new mission types.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Dragons Crown Pro

Great game, The only negative I would say is that the screen gets super busy when you have all 4 players, especially with the sorceress and wizard. Also, the online co-op takes like 4-5 hours of gameplay tto get to.

Worms Rumble

A sort of battle royal super smash bros style shooter. Its surprisingly good, but you can just tell its gonna be dead on arrival. Even the open beta has a low player count.

Judgment

This game is insanely good. Its Yakuza (in fact it takes play in the same city and the same engine) if it was a japanese drama. Lot of fun so far. My only thing is that the framerate is awful and theres a bit too much jaggies. I feel like waiting for the ps5 to play this one in pro mode.

Interesting bit of trivia in this game, there are actual real life japanese actors scanned into this game. One of the actors who plays an important character got arrested for possession of cocaine in real life. This is a big deal in japan and a career ender, they completely replaced his model and dialogue with a different actor. Cant imagine the amount of work that would have taken. I acccidently let the game update and the model has been replaced, I'm wondering if I let it install off the disc with no internet if the original actor will still be there.

Edit: Ah, I just looked it up, the model was removed before it was localized, only exists on japanese versions.
Over 200 hours on Deep Rock Galactic, and still loving it just as much as the first hour. New update released last week as well with new mission types.
Yeah I love this game but Its kind of annoying when people just wander off aimlessly, and nobody responds to the chat, Im wondering if they can even see it.

edit: I looked this up, the game has crossplay with xbox, its very likely they cant see the chat on xbox.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Judgment

This game is insanely good. Its Yakuza (in fact it takes play in the same city and the same engine) if it was a japanese drama. Lot of fun so far. My only thing is that the framerate is awful and theres a bit too much jaggies. I feel like waiting for the ps5 to play this one in pro mode.

Love Yakuza, can't wait to play the new one tomorrow (come on Steam, when can I pre-load?!) and have definitely been meaning to play Judgment. Interesting regarding the performance, I'll probably wait until I have a PS5 as well then1

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Absolutely loving Ghost of Tsushima! Has to be one of the most gorgeous open world games I have ever played at this point. Makes me want to explore every area of the map and complete every little task.​

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Damn it, I was really looking forward to playing Planet Coaster in a different way...but the lovely shitweasels at Frontier decided to wait until the day before release to acknowledge insanely restrictive limitations that render the current gen versions of the game utterly useless.

I expected the current-gen versions to pale in comparison, but I wasn't expecting them to be hiding SimCity (2013)-esque hard limitations that render an entire park/city full after blinking. I pre-ordered it with an eye to updating to the Series X version once I can actually find a Series X, but now I don't know how I feel about giving them a dime. At least Microsoft was ridiculously quick on refunding my pre-order the day before release.

I've gotten so much better about not pre-ordering games this generation, but I can't say I was expecting them to just hide how useless of a version of a game that I already loved that they were releasing until the literal day before release. Bah. Thanks for pissing in my coffee, Frontier.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Yeah I love this game but Its kind of annoying when people just wander off aimlessly, and nobody responds to the chat, Im wondering if they can even see it.

edit: I looked this up, the game has crossplay with xbox, its very likely they cant see the chat on xbox.

I play on PC and miss chat all the time unless everyone is grouped up and you can tell the other players are relatively unoccupied. It's very common for me to be focused on doing something from fighting to mining to traversing the environment when chat comes through and it doesn't stay on screen that long. Could probably do with some small QoL tweaks on that. At the same time the devs have said they don't want to turn the game into one person assigning tasks to all the other players, so I can see some possible balance choices there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is the biggest thing to happen to me too! I beat the main storyline for AC: Origins and absolutely loved everything about the game. However, I just do not have any desire to do any of the side missions anymore including the Roman outposts - this got boring after the 60th one I felt like I did during the main campaign. I think they made the game a bit too big, like I am not sure what's the point of adding some of the complete desert lands that are far south in the game? All I am trying to do now is work on some of the trophies like defogging the entire map, finding the star circles, and hermit locations. I definitely want to play the Pharaoh DLC as well, but not now...

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
Bloodborne

Yes, I'm very late to the party. I needed a somewhat new gaming experience I guess. Dark Souls 1 and 2 are my best buds favorite games and I've watched him play those for hours but never really felt like those were for me, only tried them once or twice. After having seen the trailers for the Demon Souls PS5 remake I figured, well, let's give BB a shot, it's cheap and always mentioned as a top5ish PS4 game, couldn't go wrong right? Wow, what a game it is, now, I've only had a couple of short sessions but I'm so glad I finally gave it a shot. Held it off for years due to being unsure of the difficulty and RPG parts.
I'm still in Central Yarnham and haven't even beat any boss, only met the Cleric Beast on the bridge and gotten killed a couple of times, been farming for blood echoes and leveling up since so I might just have a chance now, a couple of more molotovs should do it I think.

Any noob tips would be appreciated.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Quern - Undying Thoughts
capsule_616x353.jpg

My fiancée and I are playing through this awesome indie puzzle game. Played it on Steam with my parents a few years ago and have been eagerly waiting for this one to come to Xbox, as my laptop can't really handle running games anymore. I played long enough ago that I don't really remember the puzzles and it's almost like playing again for the first time. One of the best puzzlers I've ever played, unique in its own way, but also reminds me a lot of Myst from back in the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->