Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Microsoft Flight Simulator - I very much respect this game. It's quite the achievement.
And yet....too hardcore for me. :laugh:

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout - Frustrating at times, but overall a blast of dumb fun.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
All I'm seeing about that game is how it's absolutely destroying people's powerful PCs. How's yours handling it?

I'm running it at 1080p on a Ryzen 3600/GTX 1660 Super rig on High and, well....it's okay in the sky (around 50-55 FPS). Once you get closer to the ground or lots of weather it drops a little (40s) :laugh:

Medium settings work pretty well, and still looks pretty good to my eye.

Reactions: flyingkiwi

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
I just started a play through of Shovel Knight on the 3DS....
yes I still play my 3ds lol... absolutely love the system and the catalogue of games

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Frostpunk: On the Edge (PC)

The latest (and last) expansion for Frostpunk is here! New scenario with no generator and lots of strife between your expedition and home base.

I'm loving it.

If you like Frostpunk, you'll like this. More Frostpunk with a slight twist.

Definitely one of my favourites of the last couple years.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
I started replaying Shenmue HD. It’s such a clunky strange game and I don’t remember much of it from its original release but I’m loving it. It’s such an experience. Much like Deadly Premonition it doesn’t matter how dreadful the game play is, it’s just brilliant.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Trying Wasteland 3 on Gamepass for PC. Another game I never would’ve tried without Gamepass, but it’s very fun so far.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Trying Wasteland 3 on Gamepass for PC. Another game I never would’ve tried without Gamepass, but it’s very fun so far.
Been playing this the past couple days and WOW am I having a lot of fun with it. The choices are super interesting, character development feels really impactful, and you can basically play any way you want. The camera is really my only issue. It doesn’t cooperate very well sometimes, but not enough to make it lose much enjoyment. Highly recommend Wasteland 3.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Epicgames just put the recent 2016 Hitman game up for free, so I'm playing that. Not bad so far, although easier than the original Hitman series in that it gives you a list of potential achievements before every mission, so it conveniently tells you all the various ways to kill your target before you play. Considerate.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I was watching lirik play Radical Relocation and it looked like a ton of fun, I ended up picking it up. It's like a physics puzzle game where you have to balance a load of furniture on a car and then drive it to your destination. It's a ton of fun.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Trials of Mana (Switch)

it’s ok so far, about 4 hours in. Graphics are great, a lot like Dragon Quest. Music is good, voice acting is terrible and the sound effect for when you pick up an item is brutal.

Combat is pretty fun but not much variety yet. I’m hoping as you get further along it let’s you do more stuff. I’ve unlocked two Luminous stones so far but can’t do shit with them. I assume they’re character specific or I need to level up more?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
HellPoint - Anyone that likes Dark Souls type of games, give it a try. I am playing coop with my brother. Makes it fun. Definitely has a few bugs but it doesnt break anything

Waiting For RCT 3 for Switch & Pikmin 3 for switch.

Genshin Impact coming out in less than 2 weeks so I will give that a try.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
HellPoint - Anyone that likes Dark Souls type of games, give it a try. I am playing coop with my brother. Makes it fun. Definitely has a few bugs but it doesnt break anything

Waiting For RCT 3 for Switch & Pikmin 3 for switch.

Genshin Impact coming out in less than 2 weeks so I will give that a try.

Is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 gonna be digital only?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Hades is incredibly fun. Well worth the money and worthy of the high reviews it's getting everywhere.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hades is far better gameplay wise than anything SG has done to date, I think. Their other games are cool but nowhere near as fun to actually play as this one.

Enjoying Hades right now, Granblue Versus season 2 starting today, 13 Sentinels copy in the mail somewhere, and Genshin Impact coming out next week... busy for games again all of a sudden.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I love Supergiant and I want to jump on this one, but I'm worried because I usually bore of the "Roguelike" loop quickly....
I'm generally of the same mind. However, the NPC interactions and overall gameplay has made it super enjoyable thus far. We'll see if the loop can continue to hold my attention or not.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Just started Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, a good chunk of the intro was I guess setting up the plot from the first game? Anyways, I can tell I'm in for a good ride, this game looks and feels really good and I don't say that lightly as I hate games that have long cutscenes to start.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Just started Mass Effect 2 on the PS3, a good chunk of the intro was I guess setting up the plot from the first game? Anyways, I can tell I'm in for a good ride, this game looks and feels really good and I don't say that lightly as I hate games that have long cutscenes to start.
ME2 was, IMO, easily the best of the 4. Awesome game.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'm generally of the same mind. However, the NPC interactions and overall gameplay has made it super enjoyable thus far. We'll see if the loop can continue to hold my attention or not.

I ended up taking the plunge and picked up Hades.

So far, so awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->