In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Letang puts Red up 2-1 on a wrister.

On Tavares, maybe because he's been playing with Jonathan Toews? :dunno:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's 3-1 through two.

Pretty close to being all Red in the second, with goals from Perreault, Letang and Maxwell.

Price & Irving were pulled with a little under 9 minutes to go in the period in favor of Bernier & Cann, respectively.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Anyone have the assists?
I missed the assists on the Letang goal but here's the rest:

1--White--Downie (Unassisted), 0:25
2--Red--Perreault (Cogliano, Kohn), 1:23
2--Red--Letang (), 5:37
2--Red--Maxwell (McArdle, Giroux) 15:50
3--White--Pyatt (Alzner, Bertram) 12:45

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
3-2 Red is the final score.

After the game, each of the team's forwards competed in a shootout, with Bernier & Cann still in net. Helm, Pyatt, Bertram and Burki scored for White. Marchand, Perreault, Cogliano and Little scored for Red.

I missed the assists on the Letang goal but here's the rest:

1--White--Downie (Unassisted), 0:25
2--Red--Perreault (Cogliano, Kohn), 1:23
2--Red--Letang (), 5:37
2--Red--Maxwell (McArdle, Giroux) 15:50
3--White--Pyatt (Alzner, Bertram) 12:45

The boxscore's up on Hockey Canada. There's just the one assist to Cogliano credited on Perreault's goal and Kohn got the assist on Letang's goal. Shots were 30-29 in favor of White.
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/11728/la_id/1/ss_id/21266/game_id/1088.htm

Last edited:

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
None of the netminders have distinguished themselves just yet, imo.

I beg to differ on that one. Cann played very well in his time. Looked very poised and looked to have some definite lateral quickness. I think he was the best goalie tonight. Irving let in a softie and looked shaky at times while Price and Bernier just looked average.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I beg to differ on that one. Cann played very well in his time. Looked very poised and looked to have some definite lateral quickness. I think he was the best goalie tonight. Irving let in a softie and looked shaky at times while Price and Bernier just looked average.
Well, I'd written that before the third period when Cann upped his level of play a bit. Both he and Bernier were pretty good in the shootout, too, with Cann getting the slight edge. I'd have a tough time singling out an early favorite, though, since none of them stood on their heads.

Someone that's been to the practices could give a more thorough update.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
I saw that Perreault also had a goal in the shootout....could someone describe both his goals?

Don't recall the SO goal but his goal in regulation was a fanned shot from the high slot that Irving misplayed. Three very weak goals this game by Downie, Perrault and Letang

Bryzga lol*

I really don't think he'll make the team, even as a backup. Price, Irving and Bernier are more than qualified. Unless he really seperates himself from the pack, I can't see it.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Well, just so everyone knows TSN.ca will be doing live streaming of ALL games taking place at the World Junior Championships. You Americans can thank us now. :);)

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I was at the game and Cann was definitely the best of the four goaltenders. It's obviously far too early to make any real judgments but both Irving and Price let in pretty soft goals. Irving was definitely the shakiest of the four tonight, it will be interesting to see if he bounces back tomorrow.

Among the forwards, I thought McArdle was the best player on the ice. He has a motor that never stops working and he's pretty decent with the puck as well (he had one really nice assist). I'm not sure what his chances are of making the team but they definitely went up after tonight.

Cogliano looks like he'll be one of Canada's top offensive players, the guy has amazing wheels and he showed some great patience in the offensive zone tonight. I like the thought of him, Giroux and McArdle playing on a line.

I wasn't all that impressed by Bourdon tonight, he fumbled the puck on the powerplay (which resulted in him taking a penalty) and he got out of position a few times down low. He'll obviously make the team but I didn't think he had a great game tonight.

Of the young kids, Ellerby really impressed me. I don't think he has a hope in heck of making the team (of the bubble guys, Franson looked really good) but he skates well for a big man and I can see why he is regarded as a potential top 10 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad