Games at Pepsi Center

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
Hey Folks,

I was wondering how are the fans at the Pepsi Center towards other teams' fans?

I'm taking my 8 year old son to his first hockey game March 8th against the Blackhawks and I'm a Chicago fan and my son is a Avs fan and was hoping that we could enjoy the game and get out alive lol

Thanks

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You should have no problems. In my experience, when teams like Chicago, Detriot, Pitt, etc come to town their fans are probably 30% of the fans there. The last game I went to was the Stars earlier this season and there were probaby 10 Stars fans in my section and nobody gave them a hard time.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
As long as you don't get drunk and do the Superior dance every time Chicago scores, you guys should have a great time.

BUT, keep in mind that every arena has a "fool" or three -- just hope you don't get seated by them.

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
If you're a real fan, don't sit in the lower bowl. I sat there a couple times and always felt the fans in that lower bowl were quite lame and quiet. I actually got yelled at by a fellow avs fan for booing them. Apparently the proper thing to do when your team is playing heartless and gutless is to sit down and be quiet, and to eat your $150 ticket.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If you're a real fan, don't sit in the lower bowl. I sat there a couple times and always felt the fans in that lower bowl were quite lame and quiet. I actually got yelled at by a fellow avs fan for booing them. Apparently the proper thing to do when your team is playing heartless and gutless is to sit down and be quiet, and to eat your $150 ticket.

Good God, I'd have told that guy where to shove it. Unreal.

Honestly, I've worn Bruins jerseys to The Can and didn't get ragged on. The worst I ever heard was as I was walking to my seat on the concourse two little punks were muttering under their breath behind me (this was a B's/Avs tilt) about how many fans were wearing the opposition's sweaters. I turned around and they were wearing Coyotes jerseys. :laugh:

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
You should be fine, especially if you're with your kid!
The worst fan behavior I've seen is always by the opposition picking fights not Avs fans heckling visitors.

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
As long as you don't get drunk and do the Superior dance every time Chicago scores, you guys should have a great time.

BUT, keep in mind that every arena has a "fool" or three -- just hope you don't get seated by them.

Lol I assure you there won't be any dancing of any kind.

That's for sure every arena has a fool or two. College football games are like going to battle in some stadiums

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
You should be fine, especially if you're with your kid!
The worst fan behavior I've seen is always by the opposition picking fights not Avs fans heckling visitors.

I won't be starting any fights. Just want to go watch a good game and have fun. I'm too little to be starting fights

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Yeah, we're generally pretty nice people at the games. I mean, we aren't Dodgers fans or anything!

The only way you'd definitely get heckled is by wearing Red Wings items. Can't help ya there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad