Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Everyone excited by Gaviglio getting banished only to realize Montoyo will just use Yamaguchi where he'd use him.

Can we just straight up take away all of Montoyo's toys?

Remember .....

Attachments

• A68F5C60-4A5E-4A17-9EAF-4A287166E58E.jpeg
    A68F5C60-4A5E-4A17-9EAF-4A287166E58E.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 4

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Man, why does the Jays Shop website suck right now? You'd think with the coronapocalypse going on they'd want to have a fully stocked site of merch to sell in a way that people who don't want to go out in public could access (and also from across the country) but it's so spartan.

I wanted one of those spring training caps with the logo inside the maple leaf. Nope. I wanted to get my mom a Bichette player T for her birthday. Nope. And this deal they have for free shipping at $99 expires by the end of today and I shudder to think what the shipping threshold is once that deal is gone (if there even is one. Which there might not be, at which point it's "hello there $35 to ship across Canada in less than 6-8 weeks!"

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Man, why does the Jays Shop website suck right now? You'd think with the coronapocalypse going on they'd want to have a fully stocked site of merch to sell in a way that people who don't want to go out in public could access (and also from across the country) but it's so spartan.

I wanted one of those spring training caps with the logo inside the maple leaf. Nope. I wanted to get my mom a Bichette player T for her birthday. Nope. And this deal they have for free shipping at $99 expires by the end of today and I shudder to think what the shipping threshold is once that deal is gone (if there even is one. Which there might not be, at which point it's "hello there $35 to ship across Canada in less than 6-8 weeks!"
jays shop is always a tire fire

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So thats Kluber, Verlander and now Soroka gone for the year.

Soroka's seems more like a freak injury but it does make you wonder if these guys having to ramp up to play so quick has a part in some of these injuries

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
So thats Kluber, Verlander and now Soroka gone for the year.

Soroka's seems more like a freak injury but it does make you wonder if these guys having to ramp up to play so quick has a part in some of these injuries

I mentioned the same thing in the Baseball forum. From 6 weeks spring training to 2.5 weeks summer training. I don’t recall both the quantity and severity of injuries so early in a season like this one.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I see why the Jays Shop online is such garbage now. It's because it's not the extension of the team store like it used to be. It's been usurped by MLB's stupid agreement with Fanatics, who produce crap merchandise and do a crappier job of selling it. The NHL is in the same boat. I get it. Fanatics is probably hella cheap in terms of the license agreement with the leagues and how much cookie cutter crap merch they put out, but it really is terrible stuff.

Reactions: Anthrax442

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Alford? Why?

No point in having someone on the roster if you arent going to use them. We need to play Alford and Fisher as much as possible to see if we have something here. If not then non tender them. But if you have something you have a long term piece whether it is a bench, platoon or starter making league minimum.

I'd rather play Biggio in the outfield again and start Espinal.

Please no Biggio in OF, he is awful. Let him continue to develop and master 2B.

Biggio's Career UZR/150:
2B:
OF: -35.1

Espinal will be fine but is -57 wRC+ doesnt scream much hope for me right now with 0 walks and 4 Ks in 11 at bats. Alford has only had 2 ABs, we need to play him and he provides speed on the bases.

Drury why? Shaw is back.

Shaw's Career wRC+ vs LHP: 72 (last season it was -32)
Fried's Career Opponent wOBA vs LHB: .294

Drury has even career splits vs LHP in his career but he has be crushing LHP in a small sample size with a wRC+ 193.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No point in having someone on the roster if you arent going to use them. We need to play Alford and Fisher as much as possible to see if we have something here. If not then non tender them. But if you have something you have a long term piece whether it is a bench, platoon or starter making league minimum.

Please no Biggio in OF, he is awful. Let him continue to develop and master 2B.

Biggio's Career UZR/150:
2B:
OF: -35.1

Espinal will be fine but is -57 wRC+ doesnt scream much hope for me right now with 0 walks and 4 Ks in 11 at bats. Alford has only had 2 ABs, we need to play him and he provides speed on the bases.

Shaw's Career wRC+ vs LHP: 72 (last season it was -32)
Fried's Career Opponent wOBA vs LHB: .294

Drury has even career splits vs LHP in his career but he has be crushing LHP in a small sample size with a wRC+ 193.

I think you already know what you have with Alford, more or less. He is a non-tender candidate at this point. I agree with playing Fisher and Espinal.

I'm not saying you play Biggio in the OF every game. Just the odd game if you have to because of positional matchups.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I think you already know what you have with Alford, more or less. He is a non-tender candidate at this point. I agree with playing Fisher and Espinal.

I'm not saying you play Biggio in the OF every game. Just the odd game if you have to because of positional matchups.

You don't know what you have in Alford any more than you know what you have in Fisher. They're the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->