Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hopefully they go Shoemaker, Pearson, Ryu and have the other guys throw side sessions today and tomorrow because they're skipped.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, if we were all judged by our most embarrassing day, we would never leave our house. Whats that proverb, he who has no sin cast the first stone.

Dude did something stupid, odd, unusual, time to move on.

Yeah, it's just... I think for most of us "our most embarrassing day" ranks somewhere well below "arrested for masturbating in a car in a dollar store parking lot in the middle of the day".

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
With the way Roark pitched I don't want to skip him. I want to build on it.

It would really only be pushing him back 2 days to get their best 2 guys in there again. It's already going to be 8 days between starts, I would assume he probably had a simulated start somewhere in there. Is 10 days that much of a difference over 8? I think I would "skip" Shoemaker too if it were up to me. With the 4 days off Tuesday would be Ryu's day again, but I'm willing to give him an extra day to get Pearson in again.

Just seems weird with the 4 days off and your best 2 guys just pitched to just go with whoever is next when you have the option to reconfigure with your best 2 guys up again for their regular rest. Especially in a shortened season where every game is worth so much more. If these random holes because of covid gets you 13 or 14 starts from your best guys then I'd take advantage if I can.

Kappy

Jul 2, 2017
Is anyone else disappointed in what they’ve seen from Vladdy since he’s come up. The hype was unparalleled. The kid’s a First basemen/DH and his plate appearances are short, sluggish, predictable and he just doesn’t seem to have a plan B at all. Acuna Jr, Soto, Torres, Devers, Bichette, Tatis Jr, Jimenez, Alvarez have all look at least just as impressive as Vlad. Most of them are already league wide superstars and don’t handicap their teams on the defensive side... was he just overhyped or is he disappointing thus far. Guy doesn’t even look like a baseball player and he’s already being accommodated for defensively like an aging HOF bat. Thoughts?

Reactions: Kurtz

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So the commish told the head of the players union things needed to change or the season was at risk. It was said by the reporters/insiders that this weekend was gonna be key of whether the MLB was gonna make it.

Now a player has gone missing and more players are testing positive.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Is anyone else disappointed in what they’ve seen from Vladdy since he’s come up. The hype was unparalleled. The kid’s a First basemen/DH and his plate appearances are short, sluggish, predictable and he just doesn’t seem to have a plan B at all. Acuna Jr, Soto, Torres, Devers, Bichette, Tatis Jr, Jimenez, Alvarez have all look at least just as impressive as Vlad. Most of them are already league wide superstars and don’t handicap their teams on the defensive side... was he just overhyped or is he disappointing thus far. Guy doesn’t even look like a baseball player and he’s already being accommodated for defensively like an aging HOF bat. Thoughts?

hes young. give him a couple years. . i feel this year is a mulligan for most. just cause no one has had to deal with anything like this for a lifetime and most deal with it in different ways. just over a year ago we watched him do one of the greatest home run derby displays of all time. he is still barely out of his teens. so just relax and let em figure it out

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Disappointed. Yes. I remember everyone wanting to bring him up well before they did. He’s too young to beat em down at this point. I do wish he was a bit slimmer. Give him time.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Cespedes took all his shit and left and apparently has opted out now by communicating through his agent. He said f this hahaha

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Everyone excited by Gaviglio getting banished only to realize Montoyo will just use Yamaguchi where he'd use him.

Can we just straight up take away all of Montoyo's toys?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Everyone excited by Gaviglio getting banished only to realize Montoyo will just use Yamaguchi where he'd use him.

Can we just straight up take away all of Montoyo's toys?

Yamaguchi isn't a Montoyo toy he's a side effect of Montoyo's having no bullpen management.

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->