Blue Jays Discussion: Guys are getting hurt, but Grichuk is mashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Not really, if they waited 20 or so days in to next season to call him up, we'd have an extra year of service time.

With this season in jeopardy, could be a waste.
I mean sure, but he’s MLB ready now, and the Jays have a decent chance at the playoffs. Don’t forget, he’s 23 and SP with high velocity don’t exactly have a long shelf life.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
No way the PA allows that.

Honestly whatever happens now it's fine. They got the extra season from holding him back for the 5 days to start this season. So if things get cancelled them for 2021 we start things no worse off than if we assume Pearson makes the team out of camp next spring (which he absolutely should regardless of service shenanigans that might've been in play)

Nate says the 5 days didn't bother him, but chances are it bothered some in his camp. If they had tried to hold him back for this whole season and also the next one at the start it probably risks significantly poisoning things.

We can "if" and "but scenarios for this season getting wiped out but honestly whatever unfolds now is fine.

Also, keeping maybe the best pitching prospect in the league off the team for the entire 2020 season when he's 23, already reached AAA last year and pitched great, has nowhere else to play this year, and the Jays could really use him in the rotation, THEN keeping him down the first few weeks of 2021 and calling him up right after the service time cutoff seems like it would be the most blatant abuse of the system we've seen and probably a slam dunk grievance win for Pearson.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Sucks they do not play this weekend but so far it has been a fairly good start. Pitching has been fairly good outside a few players. The younger pitchers look very good.

Vlad needs to get going. He is still young and he has a lot of time but the team does need him to contribute offensively much more than he has been.

Reactions: hoglund

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
If not for Yamaguchi and Gaviglio this team is at minimum 4-2.

I don't entirely blame them for yesterday since the offense scored 0 runs, but it would be nice if Yamaguchi didn't walk the entire Nats lineup since that game was very much still winnable.

Same goes for the one they blew in Tampa when they were up 1-0. Harder to expect the bullpen to lock it up when there's so little room for error but come the f*** on

Montoyo needs to learn to use the pen. Thus far its proven there's at least some decent arms in there but it seems like they haven't been avaliable when they're actually needed.
So Yamaguchi cost us the win yesterday? Last I checked you can’t win if you can’t score. Start pointing blame where it belongs. The bats have sucked ass outside Teoscar. Maybe Gurriel.

Reactions: sabresEH

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Next week: In light of positive Covid tests, all games will be contested by a single member of each team participating in a home run derby in their home park and utilizing a pitching machine.
How about a 'beat the ball off home plate' competition? Need to get Vladdy involved somehow.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
Next week: In light of positive Covid tests, all games will be contested by a single member of each team participating in a home run derby in their home park and utilizing a pitching machine.

I think we could win that. As long as Homerun derby Vladdy shows up.

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I have no problems at all with 7 inning double headers...Hope they incorporate at least one a week next year....More days off or a shorter season, preferably the latter so the playoffs can start sooner.

Reactions: ktownhockey

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

I Love it!

gy2u-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad