GDT: Game5 vs Chicago

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
LETS GO. Great effort. Some big time blocks in the end. I really liked the way we played in G4 and 5. Just clean up the giveaways and start rooting for Calgary.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I thiught incidental contact, by definition, was not GI

Wouldn't qualify as incidental contact by the rulebook. Cousins voluntarily went into the crease and made contact with the goaltender without any permitted incidental reason for doing so, e.g. to play a puck in the crease, or forced in by a defender.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Wouldn't qualify as incidental contact by the rulebook. Cousins voluntarily went into the crease and made contact with the goaltender without any permitted incidental clause for doing so, e.g. to play a puck in the crease, or forced in by a defender.
But they used those words, thats what perplexes me.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
But they used those words, thats what perplexes me.

Didn't hear the exact language used. Could have been differentiating between illegal contact meriting a minor penalty or not.

Goals can be waived off due to unintentional (incidental) contact. Probably should have clarified my earlier post that the contact could have been incidental, but not qualify under the allowed incidental contact exceptions to permit the goal to stand.

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
That was a stressful five game series. Now they get ample time to heal up and prepare for the next up.
Remember when the Kings were an excruciating grind, Sharts were tough, and then it opened up against peg?

Reactions: GKG18

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
First team to the 2nd round. Who do ya want Calgary,Dallas or Vancouver?
We'll devastate Calgary - need better defense and goaltending from Lehner to beat Canucks, Dallas be tough but we'll win. Team I fear is the Avalanche, others in West don't scare me.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If Cousins and Stephenson had hands where their extra set of feet are this team would be unstoppable.

So good to see Patches & Tuch get going. So. So good.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad