Game worn Martin Gelinas Jersey

PStronge

Jun 1, 2006
big update, as far as my collection goes. In my mind (after the Oilers jersey he won the Cup in) this is the greatest gameworn Martin Gelinas jersey of them all. To me it's the greatest because of what it means to me, the significance it has to Calgary playoff hockey, and even besides all that, it's a damn fine jersey, holes and marks and a gigantic repair to boot.

Rewind to April 17, 2004. My phone rings and on the other end is Jim Peplinski. He say Hi Piers, I've got great news! You've won the online contest and have a ticket to the game tonight! I go, the game goes to triple OT and despite the Flames losing, I was happy I went. Game 7, Marty Gelinas wins it in OT and it's off to Detroit. I'm hooked, I need to go to those games, so I get my tickets and have a great game 3 and 4. Get my tickets for game 6 and it's Marty in OT again, except this time I get to see my first handshake line. Sharks next, and I get tickets for game 3 and 4. Two losses but I've got my seat for game 6, and while it wasn't an OT thriller, Marty gets the GWG to end the Sharks season. 7 home games in a row! (I did manage to attend all 3 home games in the Finals, but that's not part of this story).

I started collecting jerseys shortly after that, starting with #23 Marty Gelinas, but could only find white Flames. Last year, after 11 years of searching, I finally nabbed a red Gelly, worn in the Shirt off their Backs game, a one game wonder with no wear but I'll take it!

But now, thanks to a Florida collector in contact with a Hurricane exec, I have a new crown jewel in the collection, the reason I went hockey mad in 2004 and the reason I started collecting Gelinas and gamers in general. Photomatched, videomatched, gaping hole and lengthy repair highlights the rest of the great wear and tear on this set 3 2003-4 Marty Gelinas Flames home jersey.

The Eliminator:

PStronge

Jun 1, 2006
martin-gelinas-of-the-calgary-flames-celebrates-his-overtime-winning-picture-id50798178

50858394-martin-gelinas-of-the-calgary-flames-breaks-gettyimages.jpg

Photomatched to him right after he scored the GWG in the second period, the eventual, and third of the postseason, Series Winning Goal

epa00195042-calgary-flames-martin-gelinas-celewbrates-his-goal-against-fedypa.jpg
gelinas-martin-940-8col.jpg

PStronge

Jun 1, 2006
Moar.. I want more! lol!

Very much would like a horsehead Gelly to round out the set

PStronge

Jun 1, 2006
It's been almost a year since I picked this up and haven't seen a Gelinas jersey since then. Someone must have a black horsehead to complete the trifecta

PStronge

Jun 1, 2006
Lol, jk, I've talked with Marty several times, and he has a huge collection of his own stuff, and he gives them away on occasion but I'm not going to bother him, especially during the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->