Pre-Game Talk: Game Watch Party Locations

laxplayer

Oct 19, 2003
San Diego
If you know of somewhere in your city (e.g. a sports bar, obvi) where mostly Caps fans gather to watch, let us know here.

I'm looking for a place in San Diego. Over the years, we've gathered at Bub's... the Tavern... and Latitudes 32. All those PB bars have been popular spots for Caps fans in the past, but let me know if you know of a better place... or what the spot is this year!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hey all,

I'm going to be getting my mate who owns Easey's in Melbourne to put games on when we are playing.
Hit me up fellow Melbourne Caps fans.....

oh wait.

Actually....I have a few buddy’s who will be in town in a few weeks. Worth a visit?

Edit: just looked it up.....that’s a unique building lol. Not much seating, but the burgers look great.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
If you know of somewhere in your city (e.g. a sports bar, obvi) where mostly Caps fans gather to watch, let us know here.

I'm looking for a place in San Diego. Over the years, we've gathered at Bub's... the Tavern... and Latitudes 32. All those PB bars have been popular spots for Caps fans in the past, but let me know if you know of a better place... or what the spot is this year!

I might have to join the crew at one of those places, but the hour drive after downing at least two beers is uncool.

Anyone in North County SD, we could do a meetup someplace.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Baltimore/Fell's Point/Dundalk area. Jimmy's Seafood is a huge Caps bar and the food is delicious. Hudson Street Stackhouse in Fell's Point is as well (it is small though and you have to get there early for a seat).

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Actually....I have a few buddy’s who will be in town in a few weeks. Worth a visit?

Edit: just looked it up.....that’s a unique building lol. Not much seating, but the burgers look great.

great burgers. you can eat in the train on the roof or theres other levels to eat on.
theres a pub in the city called the imperial that will have the playoffs on though.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Dude that sounds awesome. I sent the link to my buddies.

If they like to party.... tell them to goto Revolver Upstairs. Its open from Friday night to Monday morning pretty much. Just dont get there too late as a group of dudes or might not get in. Famous nightclub.
Id also recommend going to an AFL game at the MCG. Preferably if a couple of big clubs are playing each other. If you hit me up with dates if they are keen i can tell them who to go watch.
Melbourne is the sporting capital of the world.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Hey all,

I'm going to be getting my mate who owns Easey's in Melbourne to put games on when we are playing.
Hit me up fellow Melbourne Caps fans.....

oh wait.
I'm here. Haven't been to Easey's yet but it's a bit of a commute for me from St. Kilda & I work late nights. Might catch a game or two at a place my buddy knows about in Richmond

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
I land in Cincinatti about 20 minutes before puck drop for Game 4. Googled Mapped “Kitty’s Sports Grill.” So we’re headed there unless somebody in Cinci has a better idea!

laxplayer

Oct 19, 2003
San Diego
I might have to join the crew at one of those places, but the hour drive after downing at least two beers is uncool.

Anyone in North County SD, we could do a meetup someplace.

I am actually in North County. If it's an hour to PB for you, I'm guessing you're inland? Esco? Fallbrook? Something up there? I'm in Encinitas.

The Tavern in Pacific Beach is where the watch party is this year... they'll have the sound on and food/drink specials for us. Heading there for Thursday's game. Working Saturday, but the Monday night (Game 3) and Wednesday night (Game 4) of next week I'd be much more interested in sticking closer to home.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I am actually in North County. If it's an hour to PB for you, I'm guessing you're inland? Esco? Fallbrook? Something up there? I'm in Encinitas.

The Tavern in Pacific Beach is where the watch party is this year... they'll have the sound on and food/drink specials for us. Heading there for Thursday's game. Working Saturday, but the Monday night (Game 3) and Wednesday night (Game 4) of next week I'd be much more interested in sticking closer to home.

Yep, Fallbrook here. I'll see about making that drive to PB tomorrow but let's see if something closer makes sense for some of those later games.

laxplayer

Oct 19, 2003
San Diego
Yep, Fallbrook here. I'll see about making that drive to PB tomorrow but let's see if something closer makes sense for some of those later games.

Cool.

Ideas for game 3/4... Pizza Port in Carlsbad, Mike's BBQ in Escondido, Churchill's, Buffalo WW, or Hooters in San Marcos. Any other suggestions? Or does one of those sound good?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Have to be in NYC Wednesday night. Any potential watch sites around Gramercy Park, if necessary of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad