GDT: GAME VII - Aves @ Deves: Balls to the Hall

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Right?! I’m like are people still talking about the awesome 60 min the boys put in

Nope. You do you HF

To complete the cycle... Landy was just a black hole last night. SSSOOOOO many chances died on his stick. Can we just stick Jost up there already?!

(now we can close)

Reactions: Steerpike

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
I dont think there is a schedule.
Maybe not but Greer hasn't shown much to be sitting here thinking he is an answer. Couldn't get regular ice time...in college. He has size and some skills but he looks like someone who won't put it all together ala Grigs. If he is going to pan out he should be showing more at the lesser levels of play.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Maybe not but Greer hasn't shown much to be sitting here thinking he is an answer. Couldn't get regular ice time...in college. He has size and some skills but he looks like someone who won't put it all together ala Grigs. If he is going to pan out he should be showing more at the lesser levels of play.

For sure, but he was actually a pretty good on a bad team two years ago, and was yoyo’s around last season. I think he’ll finish as a top player on a decent team this season.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Guys, guys, guys, hear me out, I have a radical new idea. What if we took Landy OFF the top line?

:sarcasm:

You know what? I've got a fresh idea. Let's take MacK off that line, and let him get our secondary scoring going. I'm sure Mikko and Landy could produce with Toninato as their C.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He isnt waiver eligible until 2020-2021 season accoridng to capfriendly, so i dont see this as make or break year. Its not like we have to let him go.

No they can still keep him but I don't think he's Bednar's cup of tea. He doesn't seem to trust him for whatever reason. I think there's a pretty good chance he gets swapped for another prospect at the deadline.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Do we need to lock these threads after a while like y'alls used to do?

I don't understand the obsession with staying on topic personally. It's just people talking. Especially a day after a GDT. I see them in a similar vein to how conversations spill over after games when fans leave the arena. Nobody's saying hey talk about this, or don't talk about that to them. That would be rather authoritarian.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I don't understand the obsession with staying on topic personally. It's just people talking. Especially a day after a GDT. I see them in a similar vein to how conversations spill over after games when fans leave the arena. Nobody's saying hey talk about this, or don't talk about that to them. That would be rather authoritarian.

This is not ‘nam Smokey...

Reactions: Waingro

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Drai does not drive a line. He has one point this season without McDavid. They still play together all the time. I have watched their games and Drai disappears when he is not winging McD

Drai has played 20% of his shifts with McDavid at ES, that's hardly 'all the time'.

He's also centering a Rieder and Puljujarvi, who had a total of 45 points total between the two last season. Hard to produce when you have 3rd line tweeners as linemates.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Well look at it this way.. if you want country music and conversation about bud light, cows, and bon fries you go to a country bar. And so on, and so fourth.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Well look at it this way.. if you want country music and conversation about bud light, cows, and bon fries you go to a country bar. And so on, and so fourth.

I agree, and if you don't, you leave. Or better yet, you find a way to enjoy yourself while others enjoy themselves. You don't tell everyone to change the tune.

I've just never really understood why a one or two page OT conversation prevents others from talking about what they want to talk about.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Haha, you tossed that one right back in my face.

:clap:

Nah, I just knew we probably didn't view it that differently. ;)

I just think we forget sometimes that these boards are just a way for people to have conversations. Especially during GDT's where they should be expected to replicate the sometimes on topic, sometimes off topic conversations in the arena.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Im not sure where that impression is coming from. Hes playing pp, pk, and plays with Kaut, big responsibilties in the AHL. Just because we dont want him to be a 4th liner in the NHL or sit in the PB, doesnt mean we have given up on him.
He's getting developed. Not sure where everyone is getting thst the organization soured or given up on him .

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Keep Landeskog on the first line.

Move MacKinnon and Rantanen off the first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad