Game-Used Sale At The ACC Is MLSE Hurting For Cash?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
The full gamut of equipment is available to Leafs fans (well, at least those who excrete currency), with jerseys (including a COA) ranging from $1000 (e.g., Reimer, JVR, Kessel) to $400 (Ryan O’Byrne swag here! Get it while they last!!!), sticks from $225 to $100, skates from $350 to $225, and full sets of goalie equipment as well. (Before anyone says it: yes, some of the equipment is actually priced alright for someone looking for something quality to hit the ice with. I get it...)

So take it for what you will! You can check out the full list of items here if your curiosity gets the best of you. As for me, I still can’t get past selling the damn “undergarmentsâ€, whatever the hell they might be. Common sense would dictate piling them up a dropping a match on them, no? I suppose if I had a room where the paint or wallpaper just would not come off, three of four “game-used†socks and jocks may carry an adequate odour to induce a no-contact peel. On another note, in the miscellaneous category, why label a laundry bag as “game-usedâ€? No, it was “usedâ€, but has nothing to do with the game itself. With that logic we could sell anything coming in contact with the equipment as “game-usedâ€:

Doorknob – Game Used (Turned by a gloved hand to get into locker room)

Garbage Can – Game Used (Threw old “game-used†tape from a “game-used†stick into it)

Locker Hook – Game Used (Equipment hung on it prior to games)

Industrial Washer/Dryer – Game Used (Filled with “Game-Used†goodness washed off the equipment!!!)

Shawn Gates

Im buying me a locker hook yo:yo:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Pretty sure they do this every year, so no, they are not hurting for cash.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Pretty sure they do this every year, so no, they are not hurting for cash.

every team does this

And that's the end of that chapter.

YGYh9.gif

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
So your telling me teams have been selling
Doorknobs
Garbage Cans
Locker Hooks
Industrial Washer/Dryers
for years... This whole time I didn't need to go to IKEA I could have bought my appliances from the Toronto maple leafs.. jezze wish I would of knew that before moving to Rosedale

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
So your telling me teams have been selling
Doorknobs
Garbage Cans
Locker Hooks
Industrial Washer/Dryers
for years... This whole time I didn't need to go to IKEA I could have bought my appliances from the Toronto maple leafs.. jezze wish I would of knew that before moving to Rosedale

This is not new. MLSE is not hurting for cash. Maple Leafs fans are rabid and will purchase anything/everything Leafs related.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad