game used jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Sep 13, 2005
LI
for christmas my girlfriend got me a redwings fedorov jersey off ebay. she had some problems with the seller and was rather annoyed seeing as the jersey had "bled" and the numbers and stripes had red spots on them. the intriguing part of this jersey however besides the 97-98 cup patch and klm patch, there is a tag over the bottom of the nike swoosh saying "1997-98 authentic game jersey playoff set" with a wings logo and a signature. i have several authentic jerseys buy none have this type of tag. did she get an actual game issued jersey to fedorov? there are no puck or burn marks but could he perhaps have used this actual jersey? the seller seemed to have not known much about what he was selling as it was listed as red then told her it was white. he then offered a yzerman jersey but spelt the name wrong and also sent pictures of the wrong jerseys when she was asking questions. low and behold when she got the jersey it was actually a red size 56. any insight will be appreciated.

Allsmokenopancake

Jul 21, 2005
Donegal, Ireland
http://www.dropthegloves.com/NHL.htm

Scroll down here to the Bobby Holik devils jersey, it appears it has the "playoff set" you are talking about. This site says you will get a letter of authentication too, so its very likely that it is real, but I am no expert...

Bobby Holik – New Jersey Devils #16, R, AK sz 58, 1996-97. Exhibits excellent game wear and customizations. Upper portion of front body features a heavy surface abrasion along left shoulder seam, which has disintegrated top exposing under layer. Heavy stick and puck marks showing all over lower portion of font body and front hem. Left shoulder exhibits a good size un-repaired tear. Left sleeve pounded with heavy stick and puck marks, un-repaired holes, general filth and staining, board burns and areas of material snagging. Left sleeve displays heavier abuse with heavy stick and puck marks and surface abrasions and features a huge board burn in center of elbow reinforcement and is surrounded by lighter burns all the way down to cuff. Both sleeves have been custom cut, folded and hemmed, creating very short sleeves. In addition, interior of left cuff features equipment managers notes in black sharpie indicating where to cut the sleeve, reads, ‘1†DOWN FROM’. Scattered marks showing through back body. ‘OFFICIAL NEW JERSEY DEVILS PLAYOFF SET 1996-97 SEASON’ along with Devils’ logo screened in white inside back hem. Velcro in fight strap heavily stained pink with salt deposits showing in snaps. CCM and NHL on back right hem. $575

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
My game worn Janne Niinimaa jersey i just picked up has the MeiGrey tag on the inside of the jersey, stamped with the year and the fact it is game worn, along with the number that meigrey assigned to the jersey, i also have the certificate of authenticity.

About the above mentioned link about the Yzerman jersey, has anybody else noticed that the ebay link shows that there is 5 jerseys available?

with 5 being available, something tells me he is pawning off fakes as game worn's, no player wears 5 jerseys in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->